Chapter 21

Glancing at Nandini now and then, whose attention stayed briskly in the meeting with the manager of Shakti-the dance troupe with whom they were collaborating in their forthcoming cluster-level dance competition, Krish who being the assistant preach their side of the deal, cleared his throat again to grab the stray attention of his Mrs G.

"Mrs G!" He called out leaning a bit toward where she sat and finally clicked Nandini out of her thoughts "Mr Shenoy here is suggesting if we could also let the participants perform not just classical but different dance forms also in the competition."

"Yeah, I mean that will give more exposure to the competition and us as well. We have also some sponsors interested in sponsoring your event if you are ready to let all forms of dance in the competition." Raghav Shenoy, a man in his late thirties put forward ethically while Nandini hardly could form anything into her head as all she could recall was the debacle that happened between her and Neelam.

You-you were pregnant bef-ore Gauna?

You both have made a joke out of the ritual.

Manik Ji was never into devotion and belief, understandable... but you, what has gotten into you, Nandu?

All the battle your Baba fought against the world for your faulted star just went in vain. 

You did not just disrespected the ritual, belief, and morals but disappointed me greatly, Nandu.

You both did what you did, but now henceforth what will happen next will be according to my wish.

Her phone blinked with a ping of text which again snapped her out of her reverie and as she reaches out for it but was hackled by a clearing of a throaty voice for another time as she realises she is not alone but sitting in a restaurant for a meeting which was scheduled and arranged after an nth number of attempts.

"Mrs Malhotra doesn't seem to be interested in these arrangements I guess." The annoyance with her lack of attention was sheer in Raghav Shenoy's tone, however, he still had his professionalism on "Well, I've already put forward my preach and proposal. If it sits with you then Shakti sure is up for this collaboration. Hope to hear from you soon, Mrs Malhotra."

Seeing Mr Shenoy take a leave and his Mrs G still under some spell sitting lost, Krish contemplated around the table which has hardly any touched dishes before he raised his index finger for a waiter to do the cheque and pack the food as well. 

And while clearing the bill, Krish found Nandini getting up gradually and walking away leaving her stuff behind.

"Mrs G, you left your bag!"

Getting her thing he called out and catch up on her speed by impeding her way with now a worry lining behind his unkept hair falling on his forehead "Mrs G! Where are you lost? I was trying not to meddle in your affairs but sorry I can't. I had taken a day off for this meeting just not because for you to stray away. This deal is as important for me as it is to you. Do you realise if not for those virtual meetings we had a week ago we would have not gotten this collaboration which you were trying so hard for the past month?"

Krish was highly pissed as he had taken his day spared for an unlike meeting like this.  

He had plans.

Plans of reaching college early and eloping behind the bleachers of football ground of their university with his newfound interest, Miss Varanasi, Meera, who is equally infatuated with him where she leaned western dance by him alongside him endeavouring many other things on her.