Alice's Insistence

I was shocked to enter the house and hear talk about a wedding. I smiled, though, and I made my way upstairs.

"Oh! Elle!" Alice exclaimed, pulling me into the room and slamming the door behind me.

"What's this all about?" I asked laughingly, and I smiled lightly at Bella, holding my breath.

"I'm showing Bella the dress."

"Dress?"

"Her wedding dress, silly! It's gonna be on August thirteenth!" My mouth formed an 'o'. "You can see it too, but you're not allowed to think about it any time Edward's nearby!"

"Don't worry," I chuckled, moving to stand beside the spot where Bella was sitting, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Your secret's safe with me."

She gave me a playfully suspicious look before, with a flourish, she had the gown out.

"Wow," I said simply, my eyes wide.

"Wow's right," Bella stuttered, obviously uncertain, and I let out another small laugh at her, letting my fingers run through her hair.

"You'll look beautiful."

"Perfect," Alice adjusted.

"Absolutely," I agreed.

"Alice..." Bella shifted in her spot. "Would you... be my maid of honor?" I couldn't help but grin as Alice practically exploded into a fit of happiness. "And um... Elle, could you maybe... be a bridesmaid?" I was shocked at that. "It's just... I mean you'll be my sister soon... technically." I chuckled at that. Alice continued to freak out while she packed the dress away again, still squealing with excitement.

"I'd love to," I admitted, and she smiled at me. "I've never been a bridesmaid before."

"Well there's a first for everything, right?" she shrugged, and I chuckled.

"I guess so," I agreed, and she smiled at me. Then there was a knock at the door, and I blinked. Edward. I opened the door.

"Could I maybe... steal Bella for a bit?" he gave me a small smile, and I nodded, moving aside.

"That's up to Bella," I teased them, and Bella gave me a small thankful look before heading out, waving goodbye to us as she went.

Alice gave me a look.

"Now you, missy, need to go shopping."

"What?" I blinked, and she grinned widely, grabbing my hand.

"Rose is coming with us," she told me. "All you've got are your clothes from Egypt."

"What's wrong with those?"

"They're not exactly high-fashion."

"I'm not so sure I want to dress high-fashion all the time, Alice," I denied as she led me down the stairs, but she shook her head.

"Yes you do, you have a man to impress."

"A... man?" I grew confused, and she shot me a mischievous look.

"You ready to go?" I heard Rose ask, a wide grin on her face. It shocked me, to see her grinning so wide. I was used to a scowl.

"Er.... yeah," I agreed, and she grinned, wrapping her arm around mine.

"Then let's get going."

~:~:~:~:~

I didn't even realize vampires could get tired. But there I was, after six hours of shopping with Rose and Alice, talking about girl things and listening to too many much-too-personal stories about their mates, and I felt tired.