Dance

Hey guys! Before I begin, I just wanna name the song that goes to the lyrics toward the end of the chapter! It's called All About Us by He Is We. If you haven't heard it, you need to! Trust me, it's amazing.

I hope you enjoy!

~:~:~:~:~

They were so elegant, and oh, how I wished I was up there dancing with them. There were so many dances I had heard of but had never seen, the Rose Adagio, the Pas de Deux known famously as Bluebird, and all of it was executed so well.

I had only words of awe as I walked back to the car with Jasper.

"Oh, how I would've loved to dance with them," I sighed wistfully, and Jasper smiled at me.

"You know, you can do whatever you'd like now. You can train in ballet for years of you'd like, you'll have plenty more to continue doing whatever you want to do," he reminded me, and I swore I could've jumped clear to the moon in happiness at the realization.

I slowed to a stop and looked at Jasper, almost in a trance as I beheld his perfect features.

And then I did something daring.

Slowly, I leaned in and placed a lingering kiss onto his cheek. Immediately, it was like my entire body was sparking from the contact, electricity bounding through me.

"Thank you," I whispered before pulling away, and he was smiling gently as he ran his fingers along my jaw.

"You're welcome," he told me quietly, happiness mixing with that strange expression. And then a grin formed on his face as he thought of something.

"What's going on?" I asked suspiciously, but he just grinned at me.

"You want to go on an adventure?"

"An adventure?" I wondered around, confused.

"The best kind," he agreed, taking my hand, and we went off to the car. "Let's get changed into something a little more casual."

I grabbed my overnight bag, silently thanking Alice for her decision, and hopped into the car, Jasper turning his back on me so I could have some privacy.

I changed into a casual, tea-length, maroon circle skirt with a thick black belt that had a golden buckle, and a slightly-loose, flowy black long-sleeved v-neck shirt that I tucked into the skirt where it landed at my waist. I left my jewelery on and tossed on a pair of simple black boots, dumping the contents of my clutch into a maroon handbag with gold hardware and got out.

"Appropriate?" I asked, giving a little twirl.

"Perfect," he smirked, and it was his turn to change. Despite my mischievous want to take a little peek at him, I kept my back turned until he stepped out. I turned and I swear I almost jumped him.

He swapped his slacks for fitted jeans and a belt, his fancy shoes for a pair of more casual trainers, and he switched out the sweater for a more casual black shirt with the first few buttons undone. Despite the fact that it was casual and quite normal for Jasper, albeit a little more well-to-do than usual, I had a tendency to not think about clothing on others, and thus, this was one of the first times I even thought about it. And thus, one of the first times I was able to truly appreciate his... 'anatomy'.

"Like what you see?" He was smirking at me and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Don't act like you weren't doing the same to me, you can't get away with checking me out without my noticing."

His smirk only grew.

He didn't respond. Instead, he just took my hand, and we were off into the town.