Marriage

"Father?" I called lightly to him, opening the door to his room. I was almost shocked at how similar our rooms were. But then again, I was his daughter, through and through.

"Eleanor," he greeted quietly. I could hear some shock in his voice. He stood from his chair behind his desk. "Come in." I moved into the room and closed the door behind me, moving to him and holding him tight.

"I'm sorry for what I said, father," I told him sadly. "I was wrong to say such terrible things, no matter how upset I was." He held me close.

"I'm sorry for getting so angry at you."

"You were frightened," I reasoned, and we stood in silence, hugging one another. But then I stepped back and looked at him. "My stance on the matter hasn't changed," I admitted, and he looked visibly upset. "But I promise you that from now on, I'll be more careful in my actions." He nodded.

"If that's the best I can get, then I'll take it," he nodded, and I let out a little laugh. He smiled slightly. "I'm proud of you, Elle... For doing what none of us could. For standing up for the girl." I smiled slightly.

"Thank you father."

~:~:~:~:~

The next few weeks were beyond hectic. Even for a vampire.

Alice had me surprisingly busy, having me run around everywhere with her, even dragging Patrick along with us sometimes. She was more excited about the wedding than anyone else, I think. Probably even more excited than either Bella or Edward. Hell, I rarely had time to see the rest of the family-including Jasper.

Though I didn't have much time with them, and the time we did have was mostly just focusing on the wedding, it was obvious that we were growing closer. All of us, learning more and more about each other every day.

Emmett and I were constantly a bit competitive, Rose and I were always a bit giggly, Edward and I had a kind of quiet understanding, a friendship that was strong, but one where there wasn't much that really had to be said. Esme and I clicked, and she watched over me and cared for me almost as much as father did. Patrick and I were always teasing Alice's eccentricities, and Alice always knew we were joking, and thus had us go with her to continue with her wedding planning adventure. It was hard not to get into it, sometimes. To be equally as childish and excited as Alice was. Every day, I was being more and more myself, more and more the me I wanted to be.

And me and Jasper? We were growing closer, too. But in a different way than I think either of us expected. Though we didn't have an abundance of time to spend with one another, even just when passing one another, we'd touch hands or our arms would brush against one another. And the times we did spend talking were filled with constant laughs and jokes and an easy flow of conversation.

Alice had me work on little things with Jasper as often as I think she could, like creating and setting up the archway and hanging all those flowers. It was probably the best few hours out of the entire month for me. We got talking, laughing a bit about everything. Was it a bit much? Probably. But it was beautiful, and that was what mattered. And Bella certainly didn't say no.

Speaking of Bella, I felt my mouth tug up slightly into a smile as she stumbled slightly in her shoes, and I covered my mouth with my hand, making myself look calculating, trying to hide the amusement I actually felt, but Bella shot me a look.

"I know you're laughing, Elle."

"I'm trying to be polite to your clumsy little feet, Bella," I joked, grinning.

"You just have to break them in," Alice tried to reassure her.

"l've been breaking them in. For three days. Can I just go barefoot?"