Constant

A/N: These events span over the rest of the two and a half weeks that Bella and Edward are on their honeymoon! By the end of the chapter, Elle has been a part of the Cullen family for almost three months.

~:~:~:~:~

"Tell me everything," Alice demanded, practically storming into my room.

I had returned with Jasper a few hours before. The ride home had been peaceful. Mostly quiet, actually. And when we got home, Emmett was standing there waiting for Jasper so they could play chess. Apparently, he'd been waiting since we left the night before. He was like a puppy who needed way too much attention.

So, I decided to call him Butch.

It was fitting.

Hard-headed, muscular, totally ready for any challenge, but still just a giant teddy bear that begs for attention like a puppy.

"Everything what?" I asked, only half-listening as I continued to mark up my copy of Civil Disobedience. She marched over and took my book, holding it out of my reach. "Oi!"

"Tell me!"

"Tell you what?"

"What happened with you and Jazz, duh!"

"I'm completely certain that you know everything that happened in Seattle without me having to tell you," I denied, reaching for my book, but she pulled it from my reach.

"Well not everything!"

"Well sometimes you don't need to know everything!" And again, I reached.

"Well sometimes I do!"

"We went to the ballet, and then to a specific art exhibit Jasper's been wanting to check out, and then to a dance festival, and then we came back here. Now you know. Now give me my book." I moved past my desk as I spoke, and I grabbed for it once I made it to her, but again, she moved it and began backing away.

"Was it romantic?"

"Al!" Another swipe, and again, she moved it, continuing her trek backward.

"Oh, come on, you didn't tell me anything with that crappy overview!"

"I told you what happened!" I swiped again, but this time, another hand intercepted, and I sighed in thanks to whatever power was out there when I saw Rosalie. "Thanks, Rose," I smiled, releived, and reached for the book, but this time it was she who moved it from my reach.

"I wanna know what really happened," she demanded, and my jaw literally dropped.

"Well we just..." I was shocked that, even as a vampire, I wasn't blushing. "We did a lot of... talking."

The girls stared at me for a moment, and after a few seconds of quiet, I heard Emmett burst into laughter from downstairs at my lousy explination.

"Talking about what?" Rosalie prompted.

"Your feelings?" Alice asked mischeviously.

"Why is it that everyone in this house knows the most ridiculously private things about me because you can't keep your voice down?" I pointed accusingly at Alice.

"It's not my fault you collect-" She began, but I cut her off, giving her a look.

"Stop. Talking."

"Oh come on, Pat and Jazz went to hunt, it's safe for you to tell us, he'll never even know!" Alice insisted.

"Well I can't very well tell you guys everything private that happens between me and Jasper and then, with a clear conscious, not tell him I went behind his back and told the entire family!" I insisted in a whisper-yell, and Rose and Alice shared a look of amusement before turning to me.