Chapter 39

"Hello everyone my name is Clark and this my wife Lois. We are here to answer some of your questions and talk about fact checking." Clark said with a smile at everyone. I snickered at the fact checking one. I bet they were doing this to try and revive my class brains well besides my friends. I looked and saw my friends were basically thinking the same thing. I turned and saw Jon who was still sitting behind his parents was holding in a laugh as well. I then focused on his parents.

"Okay first we will start off with your questions. Then move to fact checking by showing some blogs, sites and a few others that didn't fact check their material." Lois said this while winking at me. I winked back excited to see how this goes with them doing this. And I really hope they bring up the Ladyblog to expose at least a few of Lila's lies. "Yes, you in the cap with pink hair." Lois called out pointing at Alix.

"When your writing a story about Superman do you put yourself in danger just for the story on purpose?" Alix asked while secretly shooting Alya a look. I smirked at this knowing that Lois is Alya idol. I saw Lois think before answering to make sure that she didn't say anything wrong.

"No, I don't purposefully put myself in danger for the story when I write about Superman. I usually try to stay close while making sure I won't distract Superman from his duty." Lois answered honestly. I smirked hearing that since Alya doesn't do that. She intentionally gets as close as possible for the best shots and it causes a lot of problems. It makes beating the Akuma take longer and it causes more distruction. I raised my hand next since I wanted to warm Lila in a way that make her think twice about ever lying about again.

"Yes, the girl in the front holding hands with Damian Wayne." Clark said with a smile. I blushed at that before asking the question.

"What could happen if you lied about something that involved a celebrity?" I said fighting the urge to look at the liar.

"Well, we would have to issue a public apology. Then we would have to deal with lawsuits from said celebrity. But the biggest blow would be our career since it would be out there that we lied about a famous person making it hard for any employer to trust us again. But then depending on the lie we could also spend some jail time." Clark answered with a knowing look as he glanced at the liar.

"Now since we are in that area. We are gonna start the fact checking part of this meeting. And sadly our time is almost over." Lois said after Clark finished his answer to my question.

"Lois is right. We'll start with blogs." Clark said as he brought up several blogs. "All of these have lies about people who are famous. Now these have been taken down or have been destroyed one way or another although some might still be up because they haven't been found out yet. By the famous people that are mentioned. But we are gonna take a few lies from each and show how to find the lies." Clark said pulling the first one up. This continued with them telling us how to spot the lies and so on. But then they got to the Ladyblog.

"Now, when this one started out it when amazing. Very informative and truthful with the raw facts. But then a few years back something happened. Lies started to manifest themselves slowly. But then they full on took over this blog. Before this happened me, my husband and Mr. White were planning on offering the blogger an internship once they were of age. But after these lies no one that we mention this blog to wants to offer an internship. Now to start with this blog we'll begin with the first lie." Lois said about to go on but the door open revealing Jimmy.

"Sorry to interrupt. But times up for their tour. Their heading back where their staying while on the trip. But groups will being picked up to start the process of all of them getting outfits for the Gala." Jimmy announced with a sheepish smile.

"Alright thanks Jimmy." Lois said before turning to us.

"We hope that we have made it easier for you to discover lies. And it was wonderful to meet all of you." Clark said as everyone files out. Me and Damian in the back for once. I held his hand as we exited. But he pulled me closer and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I smiled with a light blush at that but I felt safe and comfortable. We stayed like this all the way back to the hotel where we went to the suite Chloe and Kagami we're staying in. All of my friends followed and sat us down.

"Okay there are no nosey and rude classmates so tell us the rest of your guys first date." Alix demanded eager to hear all about it.

Flashback

"-I would love to be your date to the Gala." I finished with a huge smile. Damian shared a smile with me and from getting to know him I knew it was one of his rare smiles. He then pulled something out of his pocket.

"Listen ānjel there was one more thing I wanted to ask you and a promise I wanted to make." Damian continued with a slightly but we'll hidden quiver to his voice. I leaned forward a little wondering what it was.

"What is it?" I asked trying to figure out where he was going with this.

"Well... I know we just barely met and there are thousands of reasons you would want to stay away from me. But I was wondering would you want to be my girlfriend?" Damian asked after his little ramble. It got me to giggle a little since it was cute. Plus I have a feeling that I might of rubbed off on him with the rambling. I grabbed his hand with a smile as he looked at me.

"I would love to be your girlfriend Damian." I answered completely honest. I was calm on the outside but on the inside I was doing my happy dance and squeaking as well. I watched Damian smile at this. He then slide the box over to me silently.

"I know that what your classmates and that awful lineage of Agreste have been tormenting long before we met. But I want to make a promise you something. I want to promise that if we are together or apart I am going to help, support, guide and defend you. Whether that be in the lime light or in the background. In the box I gave you represents this promise." Damian finished staring me in the eyes. I felt touched by the promise and opened the box. I gasped seeing what was inside.

"Oh Damian it's gorgeous." I said tears in my eyes. I got up and pulled him into a huge."Thank you." I whispered as I put it on. Just then dinner arrived and the rest of the night went smoothly.

Flashback over

I looked around and saw everyone was in awe. I showed them the ring but now I kept it on a ring. The girls all even Alix said it was gorgeous. While the boys nodded in approval while shooting Damian looks. Just then my phone rang. I pulled it out to see that it was my parents. They instead of choosing to call hit the facetime button. I accepted the call excited to share the news of mine and Damian relationship with them while seeing how they are doing.

"Hi mama, hi papa." I greeted them cheerfully.

"Hey Sweetie, me and Tom just wanted to check in." Mama said with a smile. I smiled back at her happy to see they were doing well.

"Everything is great mama and papa. But actually I got some news." I said with a huge grin. The shared a smile before turning to look at me again.

"What is it Marinette?" Papa asked worry in his voice. I smiled at him then at my friend's who were in the room then I looked back at them.

"Well, me and Damian are now officially boyfriend and girlfriend." I said with a slight squeal at the end. They gasped then started to congratulate me and Damian. But papa also gave him a warning on if he treat me bad or breaks my heart that he would come after him. I rolled my eyes at that but didn't say anything. I said I needed to go and that I loved them. When they hung up I looked up at everyone.

"Okay, Damian, Dick we should head back soon. But for now we can stay here for a while." Marinette said still blushing slightly.

"Okay Nettiebug, so how are you and the Wayne's gonna expose Lila?" Chloe asked eagerly obviously she has been wanting this to happen for a long time.

"I honestly don't know that much about it. They are being very secretive of it." I replied giving Damian and Dick a pointed look. They shrugged while sharing secretive looks. Rolling my eyes u turned back to my friends. "Anyways I found out that MDC is almost down with all of our gowns for the Gala." I watched as all of the girls squealed in excitement. Dick joined in as well. I even started to giggle a little when he started to brag about the two jackets that MDC made for him.

Hey, sorry for the long wait I was trying to figure out what to add to this chapter since it's not as long as I usually do but I hope you enjoy it

Honah-Lee