Chapter 40

The hours before the Gala

Marinette POV

I sighed in relief as I flopped onto the bed in the guest room. I can't believe that actually worked now that I think about it. I can't believe not one has noticed me sneaking a package holding the gift to Damian thanking him for buying things at the mall for me into his room while he was in the gym practicing with his katana. But sadly I can't focus on that for the rest of the day. With the help of the Kwamsii. I have been able to get mine, Chloe, Kagami and Alex dresses were completely made. The only one left was mine.

Three hours later

I finally finished with a smile as I hurried with the packaging then grabbing Kaalki I made a portal to the suite Chloe and Kagami we're staying in. There I found Alix there making it even better. Of course Alix didn't see the portal since I went through the room I was suppose to stay in. I did freak her out a little but she didn't put it together. "I got the dresses. Here they are they have your names on the boxes so you need to get ready. Bumblebee I trust you with their make up and hair. But I gotta go before my boyfriend and his family notice I'm missing." I quickly said handing Kagami the boxes excited for tonight. I then ran off after getting thanks from them. I made back to my room just in time for Damian to knock on the door.

"Marinette it's time to get ready for the Gala." Damian said through the door. It came through a bit muffled but that happens when your talking through a door. I smiled and walked over to the door.

"Thanks Damian." I said with a smile as I opened the door to see him. I saw that he had a look like he was trying to figure something out. "Something on your mind Kuroi honō?"

"When I went into my room there was a box. When I opened it was a suit my size and it was made by MDC. But I never ordered one. I am simply trying to figure out how it got there." Damian replied with a lost in thought look.

"Knowing you Kuroi honō you'll figure it out. And if you do then you'll have bragging rights over your brother on figuring out MDC identity." I told him kissing his cheek with a smile.

"Thanks ˈānjel." Damian said before I closed the door to get ready. I smiled then went to go get ready for the Gala that night. The dress I made was amazing from what I keep hearing from my friends once they saw it. It warmed my heart but it also made me nervous. What would other people think of it? This Gala is getting all kind of coverage by all kinds of people including Nadja back home. But what really made a pit form in my stomach was the fact was this was the night we would expose Lila and capture her father Slade. All of it was a lot to take in and process let alone knowing that I would be a part of it.

Setting down the makeup brush I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled seeing how I looked. My hair was in a a bun with a braid on each side leading to the mid height bun on the back of her head. Strands were deliberately hanging in and around my face. Then I had pale pink and natural shadowy eye shadow. Then a light pink blush with red lipstick to finish it off. I was wearing the bracelet and necklace my parents gifted me then the rings that Damian and Jason gave me. Going to the body mirror I looked at myself. My eyes were drawn to the scars on my arms. lightly tracing them I got lost in thought.

Damian POV

I looked at my suit with a smile. It was a dark emerald jade green with hints of blacks throughout it. The suit also had a tie to go with it that went with the jacket and pants. The the vest was black with a white dress shirt. The entire suit fit perfectly making me wonder how MDC knew my measurements and how she was able to get the suit into my room without anyone knowing. After regeling my hair, reapplying my winter forest cologne and my watch I went to Marinette room and knocked on the door. Nothing. I frown as I knocked again and nothing worry eating at me I slowly opened the door while sliding a dagger out of a hidden pocket.