Chapter. 10 Monstrous

''Aria I need you to come with me quickly. We need to get something.'' Uncle Chris came knocking into my door as I quickly took my boots and daggers on then followed him downstairs to the garage. 

''Are you sure that this will work on her?'' I asked at him handing him his gun which he carefully placed it on its case. ''Yes, I mean that's what is written on the beastiary. If it doesn't work then we will be needing the help of the other family hunters.'' 

''Like the Calaveras?'' I added as I received a nod from him and started driving. ''What happened last night?'' Uncle Chris asked as he kept his gaze on the road. ''Well, tough night. Another group of assassins tried to kill me, Scott, Liam and Malia. But fortunately Braeden and Derek came to save our ass.'' I chuckled trying to ease the tension between us but apparently it wasn't working for me. 

I looked outside the window and felt the weakness I went through that night. I'm a huntress. I should've been the one who saved them and yet I was pathetically drifting away and giving up in front of our enemies. 

I felt a glare from my side and noticed that uncle Chris was looking at me with a frown. ''I know you felt useless. But apparently the music had effect on you just like how it affected on Scott and the others.'' He commented as he took away his stare from me and went back on driving. 

''Yeah. I just feel like I'm.. I'm different. I'm not like them but I am something. I'm still confused.'' I sighed as I leaned my head on the window of the car. 

After few minutes of driving, we finally arrived at the warehouse. We avoided to park the car nearby or else people inside the building will get suspicious. 

Uncle Chris leaned on a wall as he signalled me to stay quiet.

There were two people guarding the warehouse as we silently waltzed near them. 

''Excuse me. No one can enter this place. Leave or else we are forced to hurt both of you.'' The guard exclaimed but I knocked him out by dragging him to the door making it open. I punched his face knocking him out.

We entered the warehouse and I looked around me. Uncle Chris was in front of me as he kept his gun pointed out. I felt a presence behind me so I decided to kick the lower part of the intruder. I heard a loud grunt of agony and chuckled. 

''There it is!'' Uncle Chris thrilled as we walked faster through some hydroponic equipments. But one specific flower caught our attention.  

It was the Yellow Wolfsbane. 

''Do you have the case?'' Uncle Chris asked as I nodded handing him the case. 

He carefully took the flower and laid it on the special case I brought.

''We need to put it on a safe place. I know where we can take it.'' He commented. ''The Argent's warehouse.'' I said and we exited the building heading to our car.

----------------

The Argent's warehouse was terribly silent and nothing had changed since the last encounter with Kate. Tables upside down and smashed walls. 

Uncle Chris was now placing the flower into a vault and closing it with a special code hoping no one could guess it. 

I was guarding his back when I felt presence with us. I looked around and saw some footprints on the floor. I took my gun from my jacket and pointed it out tracking down the prints on the floor. 

I felt uncle Chris behind me with his gun too as he followed me through the semi-transparent wall. It was showing a shadow which was getting near us. Suddenly some sort of dagger flew in front of us nearly hitting my face. I dodged it in time and it smashed on the wall.