Chapter 8 - "Let Captain Angel do this, okay?"

Their scuba tanks were finished and filled and we all stood at the edge of the rocks, looking at the oncoming storm that sealed our doom.

"Okay, it's only about 100 feet and we've got two hits of air with us." Hank explained.

"Right." Sean confirmed.

"Are you ready?" Hank asked us.

"Are we ready? Are you ready?" Sean asked back, trying to size him up.

"Oh, I'm totally ready." Hank answered back, puffing out his chest. I rolled my eyes at them with a smile.

"Well, I'm totally ready." Sean tried to size up again.

"Well, I'm probably more ready than you." Hank shot back.

"No, there's no way! I'm like twice as ready as you are." Sean retorted.

"You're both procrastinating out of fear, aren't you?" I asked them with a chuckle.

"Oh, absolutely." "Yeah." The boys responded making me laugh.

"Well, that storm is only getting closer so let's go." I said before jumping into the water. We quickly started swimming as deep as we could.

-----

Alexander's POV

I was reading in Nemo's journal while we all were heading back to the shoreline. I needed to know if there were any shortcuts or anything that I missed in my first read-through. I read through the pages as quickly as I could but I tripped on a rock and fell, dropping the journal on the ground. Gabato helped me up quickly and Kailani picked up the journal.

"What is this?" She asked out.

I quickly looked over to see her referring to something sticking out from in between the leather cover.

"I'm not sure, we can look while we're walking though." I said, taking back the journal and sliding the page out from the secret pocket in the cover.

"To my dearest Angel,

I hope this letter finds you in time. I know that it's been 2 long years since I lost you. The day you were taken from me was the day that I'll never forget... I miss you dearly. And since you're reading this, I assume the crystal has awoken you and you have discovered your charming ability of breathing underwater and communicating with the sea life. The mermaids told me that when the dolphins came back from delivering you to the cave, you glowed and a force took you from them and delivered you to the crystal. According to their legends, this only happens to a favored few, the crystal has decided to give you a second chance at life. It will keep you alive and send you back to the surface when it chooses. I don't know when that will be but I hope in my heart that it will be when I'm still here...

But I must warn you, my Angel. Since it is the crystal that gave you life, you cannot leave it, or you will die. This would mean you would have to stay on the island. But, as your Dad and protector, I can't allow this to happen as I know the fate the island holds. I know of its impending doom to the volcano. I fear that Atlantis and everything will rise over the water level due to the volcano, and when it erupts, everything will sink again. I fear that this cycle will repeat but I have no evidence aside for a gut feeling.

But as I was saying before, I will not have you staying on this island so I decided to, as they say, "cut a deal." After long arguments and bargains with the merfolk, I've secured a fragment of the crystal from the cave. It took 2 years but I've done it. In the Nautilus, under my bed, is a box with angel wings on it, inside there is a necklace with a fragment of the crystal in it. You would never be able to take it off but with it on, you would be able to stay alive.