Chapter 13 || What Happened Next, I Did Not Expect...

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒 𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

A snowstorm is a heavy fall of snow, along with high winds. Also known as the one thing I hate more than Roman King right this second.

Candle's light up the living area of Roman's family home. The glowing warmth is a stark contrast to the pitch-black house and the outside as all the houses in the neighborhood remain blacked out.

Deathly silence fills the room, our breathing the only source of sound that can be heard – it's that quiet. Roman's rugged features are lit by the candles as he sits across from me on the sofa, on the other side as far away from each other as we can be.

The silence between us is palpable. I don't know what's worse, being stuck in my first snowstorm in Boston...or being stuck in it with Roman in his childhood home.

If we were any two other people, this setting could be seen as a romantic one and if we were in a movie or a book, this is where the sensual lovemaking would happen. But we're not. Instead, our silence is the only thing stopping us from going at each other's throats...again.

"You said we would be back before the storm hit!" I screeched as Roman continued to drive. The snow had come down even harder than before, which didn't look good for us.

"Well, the forecast changed. My mom's house is closer than the hockey house and your apartment, so we'd be safer crashing there until it blows over," Roman explained.

"Will we not be able to make it back to the hockey House or my apartment before the storm hits?" I asked Roman with some hope in my voice.

"Considering it's already coming down quite hard, it's safer to go to my mom's house." Roman stated. The next few minutes of silence were tense, with neither of us saying a word. My focus was on the heavy snowfall while he was focused on the road ahead which was obscured by the snow-covered windscreen. I felt his eyes look over at me a few times. "You seem tense."

"I'm fine," I deadpanned, and I could feel his burning stare, which made me look at him and raise my eyebrow. "What?"

A slow smirk appeared on his face. "You're scared."

"I am not."

"You are."

I scoffed. "Ok maybe a little, but not of the snowstorm, more so about the power outages."

"You're afraid of the dark?" Roman raised his eyebrow.

"Only when I'm alone. Tell anyone or be a dick to me about it and I will make sure your dick gets sliced off with the ice skate." I pointed at him, and I saw the side of his mouth twitch up at the sides.

We didn't speak after that. He carefully drove through the streets and soon enough he pulled up into the driveway of a two-storey home. As soon as he did, the lights all around the neighborhood went out.

Roman huffed. "Well, shit."

Roman leaned over me and opened the compartment in front of me. He took out a torch before he handed it to me, so we could get into the house. We got out of the truck, and I turned on the torch as we made our way inside. As soon as we stepped inside the house, we heard howling and I looked towards Roman, who pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Is that your dog?"

Roman nods. "You two have something in common. You both hate the dark. He gets like this every time there is a power outage. Maybe point the torch towards the floor so you don't step on him."