Chapter 25 || What In The World Are You Wearing?

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

There is a magic about Los Angeles.

Whether it's the calmness that comes with being surrounded by the sun, the beaches and the waves. The palm trees that make you feel like you're in a movie, driving along the coast, being able to look out and see the ocean, the calming nature of the locals.

There is something magical about it all and whether people care to admit it or not, it's one of the greatest cities in the world.

The city of angels, they call it. Where movies are made, celebrities roam the streets and you could pass by one without even knowing. Not to mention the classic landmarks that make it heaven for the tourists.

No matter where you live, the city loses its magic when you grow up there, but if you romanticize the little things, it can be the best place you've ever been to.

After all, there's no place like home.

"What's got you looking all deep and in thought?"

The voice of my older brother Aaron, sitting in the driver's side of the car, brings me out of my gaze of the scenery of Los Angeles. I turn my head to look over where he sits, looking relaxed as he drives from LAX to our childhood home.

His dark hair that we both got from our dad whips against the breeze and while we also share the same brown eyes we got from him too. Aaron looks a lot like our dad, while even though I share my dad's hair and eye color, everyone says I look more like my mom.

"I've just missed it, you know. LA is a lot different from Boston in so many ways." I shake my head, smiling, before my eyes focus on the scenery once more.

"Yeah, can't say we get a lot of snowstorms here," Aaron chuckles and I nod my head in agreement. "It's good to have you back. Don't go enjoying Boston too much and move on us."

"You wouldn't be able to function without me." I punch his arm.

"I'm the older one, you know. I do just fine. Plus, last time I checked, it was me having to bail you and Cara out of that situation in freshman year," Aaron smirks and I roll my eyes.

"It was a peaceful protest. There was no need for the cops to break it up. You don't have to worry about that anyway. After freshman year Cara grew out of her protesting phase." I wave him off with my hand.

"You mean I don't have to fly four hours to save your ass, so you didn't have to tell mom and dad? Thank god for that," Aaron jokes and I know he will never let me live it down.

"How long have you been home for?" I question, not really knowing as he flies around so much.

"Only a week, but I'm not traveling anymore until the New Year. Anything work related can be done over the phone or video call," Aaron shrugs and I nod my head.

"Mom's going to baby us until we leave again, you know," I tell Aaron, who looks at me.

"What do you mean us? I'm there all the time, now you on the other hand," Aaron teases and I nod my head, knowing I'll get all the babying.

The rest of our drive remains quiet with the odd conversation or teasing here and there. Soon enough, we're pulling up outside our childhood home in the gated community. Aaron pulls up in the driveway behind both my parents' cars and he helps me get my suitcase out from the back.

"I come bearing a sister," Aaron shouts as soon as we get into the house. I leave my case by the door as I hear incoming paws on the wooden floor. I kneel as our golden retriever comes bounding towards me and I wrap my arms around him.