3 1

YEAR FIVE, CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

A CRUSH
__________________________________

Over the next few days Francesca stuck by Draco, and Theodore did not like this one bit. He watched in silence as his ex girlfriend clung onto Draco's side at every waking moment and he was pissed.

Theodore wasn't the only one to notice Francesca's sudden interest in Draco, Pansy saw it too.

"So, you and Malfoy?" Pansy hummed, confronting Francesca when it was just the both of them in their shared dorm.

"I don't know... he's just always been here for me," Francesca shrugged. "I know he's a jerk to like everyone, but he's never been a jerk to me," Francesca said.

"He's better than Theodore," Pansy said.

"I don't want to seem desperate... I know me and Theodore only broke up a few days ago, but we hadn't spoken for months," Francesca said.

"I don't think you look desperate, if i'm being honest I always had a feeling you and Draco would end up together," Pansy smiled.

Francesca looked down at her hands, she didn't really know how to feel about Draco. He had been her close friend since she first started Hogwarts and she never expected to gain feelings for him.

It had all started the night of the Yule Ball if Francesca was being honest. She noticed how he always went above and beyond for her, how he treated her like she was human, unlike Theodore. Honestly Draco doing the absolute bare minimum for her made her start to fancy him, especially since she had been treated so badly by Theodore.

Francesca wanted to spend all hours of the day with Draco, but she didn't want to make her feelings obvious to him. She didn't want to be rejected.

Francesca knew that Draco was a bully. He tormented many students at Hogwarts, but as usual, Francesca was willing to look past that and cling onto his redeeming qualities. Draco was kind to her, and only her, he was even mean to his best friends, but not her.

Maybe Francesca liked being the only person, the only girl, who Draco Malfoy was nice too.