3 8

YEAR FIVE, CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

THE FIRST OF MANY ARGUMENTS
__________________________________

Francesca was back in the room of requirement with Dumbledore's Army. She had finally conjured up her patronus, which happened to be a cat.

Independent, temperamental, but ultimately inquisitive. Francesca felt like this animal fit her prefectly. Though she keeps to herself most of the time she's not completely reclusive.

Francesca was over the moon about conjuring up her patronus, she wasn't the only one who had their patronus dancing around them. Many other students did as well and she smiled, everyone looked so happy.

"What memory did you think of?" Neville Longbottom asked, he was still having trouble conjuring his.

"A memory with Cedric, we were kids, playing a game of cards. I finally beat him, I had never beat him before and we were both happy," Francesca smiled. "It's one the happiest memories I have. You'll figure out yours Neville, don't worry," she said.

Neville nodded and went on his way and after a little while later Francesca watched as Neville patronus appeared. She clapped loudly and cheered him on, only making him feel more confident.

All of sudden pounding and rumbling could be heard from outside, everyone stopped, patronus' disappearing. Francesca glanced towards the noise as Harry made his way towards where it was coming from.

Without warning the wall blew up, pieces of brick went flying around the room and Umbridge's face could be seen. Francesca's eyes widened, they had been caught, there was no where Francesca could run.

Her friends were going to hate her.

"I'll make short work of this," Umbridge said, holding her wand up again. "Bombarda Maxima!" And with that the wall blew up even further allowing everyone to walk right in. "Get them," Umbridge said.

The Inquisitoral Squad scattered around the room trying to grab as many students as they could. Most of Dumbledore's Amry was escaping and Francesca hoped that she too could slip past everyone, especially Draco. Right as she was about to run out of the Room Of Requirement she heard a voice that she really didn't want to hear right now.

"Francesca?" Draco asked. Francesca stopped dead in her tracks, she sighed, slowly turning around to face him. Draco looked betrayed.

Draco stalked over to her, grabbing her robes and dragging her out of the room and into an empty classroom on the floor below.

"When were you going to tell me that you're all cosy with, Potter?" Draco spat, slamming the door shut. "Why are you apart of this?!" He yelled, glaring at her.

Francesca looked at her feet. "I should of told you-" Draco cut her off.

"Are you doing this to spite me?" He asked. "Am I some kind of joke to you? You're my girlfriend, not Potter's," Draco glared.

"I didn't do it to spite you, Draco!" Francesca exclaimed. "I did it for me... for Cedric," Francesca's eyes teared up.

Draco remained silent, watching his girlfriend as she silently cried. "Believe me or don't, that's your choice but this had nothing to do with you," Francesca said angrily, refusing to make eye contact with him.

All she heard was Draco's footsteps, the door opening and then slamming shut and silence. Francesca sobbed, covering her face as she dropped to the ground.