Chapter 7: New Allies

It was amazing. And Issei couldn't understand it. Here he was, exchanging blows with a man, ten levels higher than him. For quite a while now. And yet...

..Issei felt underwhelmed.

He was dodging each strike with ease. Moving as swift as a hawk. And striking with strength that he didn't knew he possessed. He actually felt as tough he broke a couple of the man's ribs. But soon disregarded that thought when it appeared as though the man was fine. Or was that just his ghoulish regeneration?

'Is this the result of Gaizo and the others transferring their life energy to me? If so, then I gotta thank those guys properly when I get out of here.' Issei thought as he dodged a jump kick to the head. That soon turned into a mid air, spinning heel kick to Issei's face.

Although surprised by the attack, Issei still managed to block it by raising his left arm. Feeling the force behind the attack, Issei was quite thankful for his armor's shock absorption ability, otherwise, he would have felt the pain of blocking a strike that held enough force to bend a car, with a single arm.

But using the close contact to his advantage, Issei activated a new spell he had been working on.' Flame art: Binding chains!' He thought as flames suddenly erupted from his hand and engulfed the man's leg, taking on the shape of multiple chains as they did. Issei smirked when he saw Tatara's eyes widen at the sudden occurrence. He tried to release his leg by striking at the chains themselves.But it was to late. The chains already had him held in place for Issei's follow up spells.

Issei stretched out his hand to his opponent, and activated his second spell." Flame art: flame prison!" He spoke. Tatara was engulfed in a sphere of fiercely rotating flames.

"And now, to finish you off. Shield Prison!" And with that, Issei finished the last of his combo spells, clenching his fists as the shield prison itself became a blazing inferno." Compound magic art: Flame Burial!"

Unlike before, when the spikes would usually stab the prisoner to his demise, the spikes, now, appeared in the air surrounding the blazing shield prison, which was starting to compress on Tatara, to burn his body before the giant nails would come and stab him into oblivion.

Issei thought his victory was in the bag. But this believe soon changed when the shield prison started to crack, before exploding, revealing a ten feet tall, armor covered being, which was seemingly unharmed by the flames.

This was Tatara's Kakkuja Form. The Blazing Knight of Heaven. Covered in a pure, silvery, medieval, full body knights armor, which had a head piece with an open front section, almost taking the appearance of a beak. But Issei could clearly see the fiery azure eyes that stared down at him from above.

'F**k...so that just happened.' He thought as he readied himself for an attack. Already having activated the body flicker technique, he stood ready to summon the Boosted Gear, should everything go down hill from here.

'But first, my grimoire.' Issei thought as his shield appeared on his right arm and soon turned into his grimoire, albeit now possessing a green jewel in the centre, with the red dragon's head on it. The book opened and flipped through a few pages before coming to a stop at two blanks.

The giant started to make his move. A blue light started to shine from the opening of his head piece, before he launched a massive column of blue flames. Issei's eyes widened at the size of it all, as it nearly covered their entire section of the room.

Using his body flicker, Issei vanished from sight. And appeared in the air above behind his armored foe.'Damn it! The tunnel vision on that technique is no joke!' Issei thought as he held out his left hand. His boosted gear appeared as red energy started to seep out of it and gather in his palm. Issei looked back at the book to see words and symbols starting to appear on the unwritten pages. He smiled, knowing that the formula for his new spell is almost ready.