Chapter 11: Punishments

Monday: 6:30 am

Making his way to school, Issei couldn't help but relish the ideas he had come up with for the Gremory peerage's punishments.

"Remind me again why you are helping the Gremory, when you originally planned to make her pay?" Ddraige asked. Issei hummed.' Reverse psychology, my dear partner. She intended to arrange events in which I became her servant. She intended to create an image of high honour within my heart for her.

I am merely doing the same.

She is desperate enough to try and kill me just to get me in her peerage. That too, just so she can have a greater chance of escaping her arranged marriage.

And from the manner in which she tried to do so, I can deduce that she intends to challenge her fiance to some kind of battle. Probably one of those rating games you told me about.

But in any case, she failed to meet her objective and is left with very few other options. And from what the sacred gear mentioned, her engagement dwells near.

So by offering my help, even when she herself knows she doesn't deserve it...'

"You are creating an image of your own within her. So you basically want the girl to serve you?"

'Indeed. If I manage to safe her, she'll be indebted to me. My reputation with her and her peerage will rise and they'll no doubt start to see me as an ally or friend.

But make no mistake. That is only to waver their doubts of serving me, when I inevitably make them my servants.

The devils are devious beings. They may not realize it themselves, but they cause immense trouble wherever they are involved.

They must be directed and adviced. And that is what I intend to do. But that is only ninety percent of my reason.' He mentally stated.

"Oh, and what would the other ten percent of your reason be?" Ddraige inquired. Issei gave a slight smirk.' She's still hot as hell. Letting that go to waste would be a damn shame. Especially when I can just discipline her later on.' He thought.

Ddraige sighed."Of course. Why am I not surprised...?"

Cars past by the boy as he made his way to the school yard. The sounds of students conversing becoming more evident as he neared his destination.

He turned his gaze to the hill where the Gaiko residence resided and smiled.

'Kiyomi has already returned to her family in Kyoto. She will set up my beacon there and I'll have immediate knowledge of the entire town, the supernatural entities, their whereabouts and activities.

I had Eto return to Tokyo to do the same.

Once my girls have everything in place, I'll be able to purify any and all demonic presences. Wherever they may be. And I'll be able to pinpoint threats and dangers before they occur.'

The beacons were a new function he discovered with the mapping system. He could go and place or leave search runes in areas of his choosing and it would allow him to continuously monitor the area.

Plus, with the alert function installed, the gear would notify him if any of the emergency triggers went off. The triggers being the conditions he determined would have the gear's alarm go off. Like if there was a sudden spike of demonic presence or energy in an area, then the gear would notify him.