Questions Questions Questions

It's been days after we found out Cesar cheated on Monse and days after Oscar found out about me and Latrelle. I wished none of those things happened but they did and I was gonna have to deal with them whether I liked it or not.

"So are we friends with Cesar, Monse or Olivia?" Jamal asks as we walk through the school gates.

"Olivia didn't do anything. It's all Cesar's doing" Ruby states.

I let out a fake laugh. "You're acting like Olivia didn't willingly kiss Cesar" I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry to say this but Alma's right, Olivia's not into you and she's never been" Jamal sighs putting his hand on Ruby's shoulder.

"I hate you guys" Ruby's scoffs before walking away.

"This is exactly why I don't waste my time dating or having crushes. Someone is always bound to get hurt" Jamal says and I nod my head in agreement watching him walk away.

"We're only Monse friends now right?" I ask changing the subject and Jamal nods.

"Have you talked to her since?" He asks and I shake my head.

Monse's been cooped up in her room the past few days. It's starting to worry me. And for Cesar, no ones heard or seen him.

The school bell rings for first period, me and Jamal part ways.

I make a quick stop to my locker to see Olivia stood their waiting.

I let out a sigh trying my best to ignore her.

"Alma" Olivia calls as I begin to pull out books from my bag.

I turn to face her with a look of disgust on my face.

"I'm sorry" she cries.

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to" I sigh putting my books into the locker.

"I've tried calling Monse but she won't pick up" Olivia says.

"Hmm I wonder why" I sigh slamming my locker door.

As I begin to leave she grabs my arm.

"I'm sorry about before, during the kiss marry kill game" she whispers.

I was contemplating whether or not to walk away but I decided to hear her out.

"I didn't realise how much that could've got you into to trouble. I'm truly sorry" she whispers.

I turn to face her once more.

"I'll think about it" I state showing no emotion before walking off.

I would of accepted her apology then and there but I couldn't tell if that apology was sincere, not after what she did to Monse.

As I walked off, I could feel all eyes on me. Monse's and Cesar's names being mentioned in conversations around me. I remembered how rude I was to Oscar and hated myself for it. I thought back to Miguel, oh poor Miguel and his death. Was Joker really responsible or was Latrelle? Was I going crazy?

I take in a deep breath trying to ignore everyone and everything. My vision began to blur and a feeling of nausea came on. I begin to fall but felt an arm wrap around my waist pulling me up. I quickly adjust my eyes to see none other than Ryan.

"I got you Alma" he whispers holding me.

————————————————————

"Here" Ryan smiles tossing me his water bottle.

We were sat in the janitors closet, I think back to me and Oscar in that Ruby's storage room and let out a little smile.

"How are you feeling Alma?" Ryan's asks.

"A lot better, I think it was the stress from school assignments" I lie.

"I feel you" he replies squeezing my shoulder. "I heard about Monse, I wanted to ask how she was"

I turn to face him, I knew the question was coming. I didn't know how to answer it though.

"It's okay you don't have to answer, it's obvious how she'd be be. I just don't understand why he'd cheat" Ryan says letting out a sigh.

Although Ryan and Monse broke up a while back, you could still see he loved her, you could still see that he cared. Ryan was a good guy, it was sad to see Monse let him go.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"Know what?" Ryan questions.

"That you were in love with her. How did you know?"

He lets a hand run through his hair as he sits up.

"I knew because whenever I saw her I felt a sense of happiness, I felt safe with her. All my worries disappeared whenever I was with her..."

As answered the question I couldn't help but think about Oscar and how I felt those things when I was with him.

I think I was finally about to admit it, admit my true feelings to him as that was the only thing I was sure of that moment.

"I gotta go" I state grabbing my bag. "Thank you Ryan"

I rushed out the janitors closet and ran down the hallways not giving a damn before reaching the exit.

The smile on my face fades away as I realise the different shades of green parked out in front.

I slowly begin to walk down the steps only to see Jerome stood at the bottom.

"You remember me Alma? Latrelle's brother" he shouts making me jump.

I quickly turn on my heels before running back up the stairs. Jerome catches up grabbing a hold of my arm.

"Get in the car" he whispers strengthening his grip.

<3