Twenty Six

Third person's pov

Miyeon glanced around before taking another look at her wristwatch. It's been 15 minutes since she has been waiting for Seojun near the lake.

She was going to tell I love you to the guy she loves the most.

In her whole life, she has never been this nervous, she sure has gotten proposed a lot but she has never proposed someone.

She bit the inside of her cheeks before running a hand through her hair for the millionth time.

She turned around after hearing a set of footsteps, she smiled thinking it was Seojun but it wasn't, it was Chorang.

He looked scared and uneasy. He was fiddling with his fingers nonstop, it looked like he was trying to say something.

“Hey Chorang” Miyeon said while walking towards him “Where is Seojun?”

“Uhm” he hesitated “H-he is in his tent, he asked me to tell you that you should go meet him there, he wanted to talk to you about something important”

“Oh” she sighed “Well, thank you”

She smiled to herself while hoping towards Seojun's tent.

She checked her hair in her phone before peeking her head inside the tent.

“Hi” Seojun whispered, calling the girl in

Her heart was pounding out of her chest, she was getting more nervous with every second that passed.

She sat on the bed, beside his.

She closed her eyes for a second before mentally preparing herself for every situation that could happen right now.

“Seojun, I-”

“I think we shouldn't be friends anymore” he whispered with his eyes glued to the floor

Miyeon chuckled, thinking it's a joke.

But she soon realized that it isn't when she saw the expressions on Seojun's face.

He wasn't joking, he was extremely serious.

The smile on her face dropped as her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

“I think” he took a deep breath “We should stop hanging out and just maintain our distance"

This wasn't one of the situations that Miyeon mentally prepared herself for.

She planned to tell him how much she loves him, she wasn't planning to sob at his tent because he broke their friendship.

All kinda questions ran through Miyeon's head as she stared at him for answers.

He didn't even look at her once, if he did he could have seen the tears in Miyeon's eyes.

“But why?” she whispered, trying to stay strong

“That's all I wanted to say, bye” he responded, ignoring her question

He covered himself in the sheets and turned around, facing his back to Miyeon.

She gulped down her saliva and fiddled with her ring as she stood up, she was waiting for him to call her name and just tell her that he was joking...but she knew he wasn't.

She looked at him one last time before sprinting out of the tent and breaking down into tears.

She sat on her knees and silently cried behind all of the tents.

The only question she had was...

'why?'

But Seojun couldn't answer it, he didn't have the guts to.

It wasn't easy for him either, it was difficult for him to break a friendship with someone he loves so much!

He curled up under the sheets while sobbing like a small child.

He couldn't even look at Miyeon because he knew that the words he said, broke her.

But he didn't have a choice!

He was going through pain every day because the girl he likes so much just see him as her friend.

Just a friend!

He was crying himself to sleep almost every day.

He might be selfish for breaking her heart but he had to be selfish for himself, for his future.

He had no choice but to drift apart from Miyeon.

“I am sorry Yeonie...I love you way too much” he whispered to himself before hugging the pillow tightly and crying until he fell asleep.

A/n
Drama...Drama...drama
I am loving it

Don't forget to vote and
comment<3