chapter eighteen | grayson

"You should've done it man." Marcus says to me.

I just give him a deadpan look "oh yeah that would have been great." I say sarcastically.

"Marcus is right dude you will never know if she feels the same unless you go for it." Carter says back.

"Yeah yeah y'all are always right." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Yo I just met the love of my life." Chris says as he sits down.

"Shii that's my man!" I say as I pat him on the back.

He tells us about Aria, the girl he danced and talked with.

Makensie and Diana are talking to their parents and I'm starting to get worried that Everest hasn't gotten back yet.

"Hey I'll be back." I say as I stand up to go find Everest.

I'm about to turn the corner where the restrooms are when I hear someone say:

"Come on they will never know." Thats fucking Walter.

"I said no, so get the fuck off-" that's Everest!

She doesn't get to finish what she is going to say because I walk up to them.

"Get your fucking hands off of her." I say grabbing him harshly by the shoulder.

He goes back and Everest quickly comes beside me.

I go up to Walter and punch him right on his fucking nose "what the fuck!" He yells in pain.

I grab him by his collar and say "don't touch my girl ever again you got that buddy, because next time your nose won't be the only thing that will be broken."

With that I push him to the ground and grab Everest's hand.

Who does he think he is! That piece of shit.

"Grayson Grayson!" I stop and turn around to face Everest.

I relax and cup her cheeks with my hands. "Are you okay?" I ask she just nods and looks at me.

"I called your name so many times why didn't you stop?" She asks me.

Wait she did?

I let out a sigh "I don't know, I'm sorry I couldn't handle someone touching you like that." I say.

She leans her forehead to mine when they are both touching she says "you know I would never let him do that."

I let out a chuckle "I know you wouldn't." I say with a smirk.

She grabs my hand "come on we have a gala to go back to."

♡ ♡ ♡

It's currently 3:00am and I can't go to sleep. Everyone left the reception around 1 and clearly they could all fall asleep except me.

I stand up and walk out to the balcony.

My phone dings and I check it to see who it is. I let out a chuckle when I read it.

Everest Luna🤍

I am sooo boreddd

Pos go to sleep

Bro that's why I'm texting you because I can't sleep!!😩

Makes sense, I can't either

Why?

To much on my mind... and you

I guess the same, but you know what can help??!