chapter twenty five | eve

"5-4-3-2-1" all of the crowd yells as the buzzer goes off indicating the game has ended.

We all start cheering loudly and screaming their names since they just won!!

Let me tell you, it was a close one. But our boys pulled through and won the game.

Right now me and the girls are walking down the stands to meet up with them at the locker rooms.

"I knew they were going to win." Diana says as we get closer to the locker room."Duh of course they would." Makensie says back.

We wait like five minutes and the team comes out.

"Congrats losers!" I say to them. "Why thank you." Marcus says in a British accent making us laugh.

"Good job tonight." I say to Grayson as we swing our connected hands together "I really appreciate that." He says chuckling as he opens the car door for me.

"So where are you taking me." I say as soon as he gets in the car.

He moved his hair back and moved his head to face me "you'll just have to wait and see." Grayson says giving me a lopsided smile.

"Fine fine, but I'm putting music." I say looking through my phone. He lets out a chuckle "whatever you say love."

"Grayson Kai." I say In a singing voice. He slightly looks at me "Everest Luna." He says back in the same tone.

"Are we going to the same place you took me some months ago?" I ask looking at the road.

"Hmm aren't you smart." He says putting his hand on my thigh. I sucked my teeth in "freaking rude." I say grabbing his black New York snap back and putting it on my head.

He looks at me and playfully rolls his eyes before taking it back and putting it on backwards.

I swear guys who do that look ten times hotter.

I look outside and I knew it! We're at the same field where Gray and me decided to start all over again.

I look at Grayson and have a huge grin on my face he lets out a chuckle and nods his head for us to get down.

We both get down and he comes up to me and grabs my hand. "Come on, I want to show you something." I follow his lead and once we pass a little hill a gasp leaves my mouth as I see the scene on front of me.

At the same tree where we decided to start over was a blanket with a picnic basket on top, and little candles all over it. "Grayson's it's so pretty." I say taking in the view.

The sky is so pretty, Since it's almost night time the sky is purple,pink, blue, orange making it look magical.

We both sit down on the blanket and I face him. "What's this for?" I say playfully.

Next thing I know he slightly grabs my neck and pulls me towards him and slightly brushes his lips against mine.

This time I initiate the kiss and my hands make their way up to his hair, making a groan leave his throat.

He grabs my hips and picks me up slightly to where I am straddling him.

Bro if I'm being honest I don't even know how long we are like this, but it feels nice.

Sometimes people fall out of love, and did we? Yes we did but that love can grow back again and grow stronger.

We break apart and I slowly Open my eyes. His are closed but he's smiling.

He's smiling.

"Grayson" I slightly whisper. He opens his eyes slowly and grey dark stormy eyes connect with honey warm brown ones.

He traces my bottom lip with his thumb "you're perfect." He whispers before i can say something he says "perfect for me."

I just look at him what do I say?!

He lets out a chuckle and reaches over to the picnic basket and grabs a box.

I let out a small gasp once I see what box it is.

Our friendship box.

He opens it and pulls out two threaded friendship bracelets. One is dark grey color with two strands that are light blue. The other one is light blue with two dark grey strands.

I extend my wrist and he puts the light blue one on, "mind helping me?" He asks. I grab his and put it on.

"Wow I didn't know you still had these." I say feeling the bracelet with my finger.

"I have kept all the things you have given me Everest." He says as he puts a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I tilt my head to the side, "what's this for?" I ask.

He hesitates a minute before reaching into the basket and pulling out a book.

I look at the cover my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Before you ever got back, i used to spend my time reading, and read the last page." He says handing me the book.

I grab it and open to the last page. Line after line a lump starts to form in my throat as I read the last sentence;

"maybe in another lifetime we could have been together but in this one we will stay as strangers who were once best friends and lovers."

I close the book slowly and look up at Grayson who is studying me carefully.

Why would he show me this?

He lets out a sigh and takes the book from me and scoots up closer to me and caresses my cheek "not everyone gets their happy ending Everest." I'm about to say something but he says "but maybe we can, the universe gave us a second chance and I'm not letting you go this time." I just look at him my lips parting just a bit.

"So in the same place we became best friends again, I would like to ask you this, would you be my girlfriend?"

I shake my head slowly "yes Grayson yes a million times yes I would love to be your girlfriend."

———————————————————————————
OH MY GOD!!

So first of sorry for not updating in a while, buttt this will be my favorite chapter forever!!!!

But see ya next chapter byeeee<3