Chapter 8

(A/N)

So sorry it's soo late! It won't happen again (no promises) :P well until next week!

~~

Chapter 8

Daniel stands and faces Victoria. Victoria chuckles slightly.

"Oh father you know exactly what I'm doing her," she says.

"Victoria! What do you want? You were banished from this kingdom years ago!" Daniel shouts at Victoria.

I look at the strange girl. She has a scowl on her face. I notice that if her face was relaxed then she has a resemblance to Mrs. Bane.

Then it hits me Victoria can only be one person. She is the high princess of the Dragon clan. The one that was banished for trying to take the throne.

And now I see that this is very, very bad. Victoria could be the downfall of the clans if she became the ruler. I can't imagine the blood she will spill for power.

I take a deep breath and collect my thoughts. I need to calm down and think this through. My mind settles on one thought I can't let her damage this system.

This system has been perfected over the centuries. Everything that takes place dealing with all the kingdoms is discussed with the rulers. Some may say our race is strict, but it's perfect. Nothing out of place or damaged.

Victoria's return will have a meeting to discuss the plan of action. I will have to be present like all of the next in line for the throne. I'll be put at the head of this issue more than likely.

I stand and say, "Pardon me Mrs. Bane. I'm so sorry but I will have to leave dinner early. Thank you for having me."

"You're very welcome dear thanks for joining us. Now Daniel escort Rosalie back to her room," Mrs. Bane tells Daniel.

"Yes mother."

Daniel links his arm with mine. He leads me out into the hallway. He turns his head and looks at me.

"I'm sorry dinner was awful," he says.

"Oh Daniel it wasn't awful just interesting." I say to him.

He smiles at me. We walk to the base of the staircase. He kisses me on the cheek.

"Goodnight Daniel."

"Goodnight Rose."

I walk up the stairs and into my temporary room. Tomorrow is going to be very busy. I'm going to school, then dress shopping with Devan. All these events are leading up to my big date with Daniel.

I change and slide into the silky sheets. I let my mind be engulfed in sleep. My mind slows and sleep devours me.

~~

(A/N)

Hope you enjoyed this one! Sorry it's so short I promise a long chapter next week (this one is just a filler for details). I had fun writing this chapter well until next week!