We Are Wrapping You Up In Bubblewrap

This is a series I have been writing for a while, and have posted on AO3, but have decided to post them here since the show is coming to an end. There will be two companion books with this one. An AU to this AU, and a text book that is connected to this own series.

Happy Six Years of Supergirl

Enjoy.

-SG-

"Alex!" Kara shouted as she walked into Alex's office in the DEO. The older Danvers looked up from the tablet in her hand. She looked at Kara who was holding out her finger. The Kryptonian had tears in her eyes, and looked at Alex with pain on her face.

Kara had solar flared the previous day, and was enjoying her time as a human. And it did worry Alex about the girl couldn't protect herself like she used to.

Alex frowned. She stood up and walked around her desk to stand in front of Kara. "What's wrong?"

"I got impaled," Kara whined, showing Alex her finger that had a splinter sticking out of it.

Alex rolled her eyes and grabbed her younger sister's hand. She looked at the splinter. It wasn't too big, and she could easily pull it out. She looked up at Kara, who looked nervous. The Kryptonian pouted, her eyes still filled with tears.

"Why didn't you take it out yourself?" Alex asked, opening her drawer and pulling out tweezers. Kara's eyes widened, showing fear. Kara flexed her finger, looking ready to bolt. "I mean, you've been punched, you've been cut, you've bled. And you can't get a splinter out?"

"It hurt," Kara whispered, her eyes following Alex's every move. Alex grabbed the splinter with the tweezer and looked at Kara.

"Hey, eyes on me," Alex said, waiting until Kara looked her in the eye. When she got her sister's attention, she pulled out the splinter and Kara yelped. She shoved her finger into her mouth, but Alex was quick to pull it back. "No, the mouth is one of the dirtiest places on your body. I have to make sure nothing was left behind." She inspected the wound, before nodding. "You're good. How did you get this?"

Kara looked at Alex with a pout. "Do I get a lollipop?"

Alex rolled her eyes and reached into her drawer and pulled out a green lollipop. Kara squealed and took it.

"Thank you!"

"So? How did you get the splinter?" Alex asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Kara gave her sheepish smile. "I was moving a chair, and yeah. That happened. DIdn't know chairs could be so dangerous."

Alex rolled her eyes and signaled for her sister to go. Kara kissed Alex's cheek and shoved the lollipop into her mouth. She turned and practically skipped away. Alex let out a sigh and took a seat. She grabbed her table and went back to work.

CRASH!

"Alex!"

Alex sighed and placed her tablet down. "I'm coming!"

-SG-

Lena was in her office, a glass of scotch in her hand. She closed her eyes, wanting a few seconds to herself after a stressful meeting with her board, when her door opened. Lena took a deep breath, keeping her eyes closed.

"I said no visitors Jess," Lena said, taking a sip from her drink.

"Not even me?" Kara asked. Lena opened her eyes to see the reporter grinning at the CEO.

Lena let out a small laugh and nodded. "You are always a special visitor. What brings you by?"

"I brought lunch. Well not really lunch, but food," Kara grinned, before showing the CEO a donut bag and coffee. Lena signaled for the couch in her office and smiled as she watched Kara rush to it. Lena followed and grabbed the coffee Kara got her and sipped it. She watched as Kara ripped into the bag and took out a donut and tried to shove the whole thing into her mouth.