Alright, Let's Raise an Alien Baby

Kid Kara's time with the Legends. A part of "So Who's Going To Tell Team Supergirl We Lost Supergirl?"

-SG-

John looked at the book, before turning to look at the little girl in Sara's arms. "So it turns out I can't reverse the spell, it will run its course."

"So we just have to wait it out?" Ava asked, a slight frown on her face.

"That is exactly what I am saying," he responded, nodding his head. He looked at the two women, before shrugging. "I'll leave you to it then."

Sara's eyes widened, and she tensed up. Kara grumbled in her sleep, pressing herself against Sara's chest. She turned to Ava. "I can't take care of a child," she whispered.

Ava looked at Kara, who looked adorable in her eyes. She looked at Sara's fear filled eyes. "You aren't going to do it alone."

Sara pulled Kara closer and nodded. "Alright, let's raise an alien baby."

-SG-

Kara rubbed her eyes, letting out a small yawn. She let out a small sigh, feeling the softness of the bed under her body. She looked to her side to see a blond lady reading. She slowly and carefully moved over to lay closer to her. Kara felt safer with the woman, she had helped her when she got hurt.

The woman noticed the movement and looked down at Kara. She gave her a smile and Kara just looked up at her.

"Hey," she greeted, giving her a small smile.

Kara turned her body so she was laying on her stomach and looking at the woman. "Food?" Kara asked, her stomach growling.

The stranger smiled fondly. "Of course."

Kara pushed herself off the bed and looked up at the woman. "Kara," she said in the strange alien language.

The woman nodded. "Hello Kara, I'm Sara," she said.

Kara nodded and raised her arms, wanting Sara to pick her up. She liked the blond's arms. She reminded her of her mother.

"Mama?" Kara questioned in her mother tongue.

Sara frowned softly, before nodding. "Your mama is on a mission. But she told me to tell you she loves you."

Kara frowned, not entirely knowing what the woman was saying. "Food? I'm hungry."

Sara smiled fondly. "Let's get food for you."

-SG-

Zari watched in disgust as tiny Kara grabbed the chocolate with her bare hands and shoved it into her mouth. She looked at her salad, before pushing it away. "I am not hungry."

Kara looked at her, her hands covered in chocolate frosting, and at the salad. She looked up at Sara, who was watching with a proud look on her face.

"Go on, try it," Sara told the young girl.

Kara pulled the plate to her and sniffed the food. She gagged and shook her head, muttering something in kryptonese.

Ava frowned, pushing the salad closer to the girl. "Try it, it's good for you."

Kara frowned and shook her head. "Ew," she said in her little accented voice. Zari couldn't stop herself from aweing.

Kara pushed the salad back, her chocolate covered hands leaving her handprints on the plate. She looked at Sara's burger and pointed to it.