You're The One Who Gives Us All Hope, Not Supergirl

Kara was in Lena's closet, their closet now, putting her things up. She had the day off from Catco and had solar flared, meaning she had a free day and decided to clean and fix her things so Lena could relax when she got home.

She wasn't in the closet, humming a tune when she nodded and turned, ready to head out, when the door didn't open. She frowned, not remembering seeing a problem when she entered. Trying the knob again, she felt panic run through her body.

"No," Kara whispered, turning the knob. She pushed against the door, but it didn't budge. She could feel her heart start to push against her chest. She tried the knob again, tears filling her eyes. "No," she gasped, her breathing became heavy. She patted her pockets, but her phone wasn't in there. She banged against the door. "Help!" Kara pushed herself away from the door and took a deep breath. She slowly counted in her mind, when she opened her eyes. She could feel the walls closing in. She pushed against the door, before raising her hand and slamming her fist against it. She could see the door become stained with red, but she didn't stop, slamming her fist over and over again.

She had to get out.

She just had to get out.

-SG-

Lena shoved her key into the front door, ready to relax with Kara. She walked into the apartment, only to walk into silence. Seh frowned, not used to the silence. Kara always had music or the television on. She didn't enjoy the silence, it brought up memories from her time in the Pod. She told Lena about her time there, about how the silence was the worst part.

She kicked her shoes off and walked towards their bedroom, expecting to see Kara asleep, but the bed was empty.

"Kara?" she called out, looking around, when she heard it.

A small whimper. She wasn't sure, but it sounded like it came from the closet. Walking towards it, she saw an image that would haunt her.

Kara was curled up against the wall, hugging her knees. Her knuckles were red, and swollen. The door was covered in blood, and Kara's eyes were staring at the wall, tears in them, but she seemed to catatonic.

Lena knelt down in front of Kara and gently touched Kara's arm, only for the girl to jump up and press herself against the wall.

"Kara, it's me, it's Lena. You're okay Kara, you're okay," Lena whispered, letting the other girl get her bearings.

Kara looked at Lena with tears in her eyes. She opened her mouth, her lips trembled. She looked at the door, and in the smallest voice said, "I-I couldn't get out."

"Can I hug you?" Lena whispered, not sure if hugging Kara would cause her to panic.

Kara slowly nodded, still dazed. "I couldn't get out. I was stuck, and I couldn't get out. I, I couldn't get out."

Lena felt her own tears fill her eyes as she rubbed Kara's back. The Kryptonian just leaned forward, repeating the same four words over and over again. Lena moved them so she was against the wall and Kara was curled on her lap. She stared at the opened door. She could just imagine Kara slamming her fists against the door over and over again, not caring if she broke her hands, as long as she got out.

Lena's tears fell as she helped Kara, rubbing her back.

"I was so scared," Kara whispered, trembling on her lap.

-SG-

The next day, after getting Kara's hands checked out and finding fractures, Lena had the closet door taken out. Kara spent the day being dotted over, and the Kryptonian couldn't complain. Lena made sure there was some sort of light, some sort of sound.