Stop Breaking My Nose

Valentine's Day

Kara's first Valentine's Day with Lena, and she was so excited. She wanted it to be perfect. Because she deserved it, for dealing with all of Kara's situations . Who else could say they had their own hospital room?

Kara shivered at the thought. She did not want to remember the last time she ended up in the hospital. (She forgot she didn't have her powers for just a second and put her hand into a blender. Let's say Kara will never do that again, powers or not.)

Kara shoved her hands into her pocket, pulling out the bills. She grinned at the salesmen and handed him the money needed to take the flowers home. She thanked the man and started to walk home, when she heard someone scream for help.

Unable to ignore it, Kara rushed into an alley and placed the flowers behind a pile of boxes and ran to help.

It was a purse robbery and someone tried to shoot her, but as usual, Kara was able to put a stop to it quickly and returned to her flowers.

Kara inspected the flowers, and decided they were great. She was about to fly, before realizing that her speed would kill the flowers. She decided to walk to L-Corp to surprise her girlfriend.

Kara was about to head to her girlfriend, when someone else screamed for help. For the first time in a long time, Kara cursed her powers. She hid the flowers a second time and flew off to help.

-SG-

After four rescues, Kara returned to her flowers, only to find them dying. Kara frowned, staring at them. She hadn't been gone that long. Kara sighed, holding the flowers close and flying off.

When Kara reached home, she put the flowers in water and waited and waited. She looked at her watch and saw that the day was going by. Kara looked at the flowers, before walking to it and gently blowing on them.

But while doing so, her phone started to ring, distracting her for just a second. But that was all she took, and soon, Kara was standing in front of frozen flowers.

Kara let out a sigh, deciding to change her gift. She quickly rushed out of her apartment, and searched for another gift.

Chocolates!

-SG-

Lena was exhausted, but she wanted to surprise Kara with flowers. She rode the elevator to Kara's floor. She walked to the door and knocked. She waited, which was unusual, because Kara always opened within seconds. But this time, she had to wait.

Lena grabbed her phone and called her girlfriend, but she heard the phone inside the apartment. Worried, Lena knocked a second time. She banged against the door, knowing that Kara was in there. (She was not .)

Lena then called Alex, but the other woman didn't answer. (She was having her own Valentine's Day celebration.)

Leaning against the wall, Lena had to just wait. (And get Kara's key in case something like this happened again.)

-SG-

Kara sighed, placing the flowers down. Finally the flowers made it to the apartment safely. She reached for her pocket to call Lena, before noticing her phone wasn't in her pocket. Kara felt her heart skip a beat. She squinted her eyes and searched the apartment. But when her x-ray passed the front door, Kara noticed a body on the other side. Her eyes widened when she realized who it was.

Using her speed, she opened the door and found Lena asleep in the hallway. She knelt down and touched Lena's shoulder.

"Hey," Kara whispered, smiling softly.