In The End.

Please read the AN at the end of the chapter! Thank you and enjoy the last chapter of TRM. x

 Not fully edited. 

        The scream rings in my ears, making the blood in my veins run cold.

I stare in the direction of where the scream came from. I'm frozen. Completely frozen and stiff and I certainly don't need a mirror to know my face is turning blue just from holding my breath. 

My legs itch for me to run while my mind screams at me to stay. It could be a trap, after all. I bet Alpha Beckett was doing this to lure me. To get me to come to him and then make me watch as he slaughtered my father.

I bet he would enjoy watching me as I pleaded for my father's life. And as much as I hate to give him that pleasure, I can't just stand back and let my father die. I have to go to him. I have to, I have to, I have to.

"Ronnie," Liam calls to me, anticipating my motives. "Don't."

The sound of desperation in his voice pulls at the strings of my heart. I'm tempted to comply to his command or well, plead. But I can't. I can't when my father's life is being waved in my face. I don't want him to die. I don't want to be the blame of another person's death.

Anna nor my dad didn't ask to be mixed up in my problems. It was time I took responsibility. Even if it meant putting my life in Alpha Beckett's greedy hands. I'd do it not to play hero, but to avoid letting Alpha Beckett take another person I loved away from me. He had already taken my mother and Anna. My dad wouldn't be the next. 

So without another thought, I shake my head at him, turn, and begin to run.

I run and run, hearing my dad's battered screams in my ears.

My legs burn and my hair whips around me as I swat away at branches and leap over fallen trees and roots. In the distance, over the horrified screams of my father, I hear Liam yelling. Telling me to come back.  

But the sound of him calling me is soon over powered by the blood pounding in my ears. And all I can do is hope he has enough common sense to stop chasing after me and go retrieve Stella and Jeremy.

Because, obviously, our plan of escaping has ultimately been canceled. There is no doubt in my mind that tells me I will be drawn into a fight with Alpha Beckett and perhaps the Purgatory. I was stupid. Stupid for believing that we could run away from them. This whole fight was inevitable. I just wish I would have realized it sooner.

Now I'm running into this fight completely blind sided. Not to mention, Beckett has the upper hand. He has my father and he knows I will submit to merely preserve my dad's life. He has me right where he wants me. But I'm too panicked and overwhelmed to stop and perhaps debate a plan of any sort.

So I keep going, keep striving forward to get to him. 

"Dad!" I shout, nearly tripping as I stumble over a tree root, "Dad!"

My heart slams against my chest as I near the scene, swatting away at the last branches that hide my father and Alpha Beckett from my sight. But before I can break into the clearing, something - someone - rams into my side. And in result, I'm sent flying to the ground.

I impact the ground hard. Face first. And not even a second later do I feel the throbbing in my side from where I took the hit.

Despite the pain, my mind screams at me to get up. To keep going. 

I roll onto my back, looking up and meeting the angry eyes of an unfamiliar wolf. Though he seems to recognize me, since he snaps his teeth at me and lunges forward.