The Devil In Disguise.

****NOT EDITED!!* 

If they're any major mistakes, you know why. They will be gone over with soon enough. 

                                The ball's today. And I'm so not ready for it.

The morning started off seemingly normal, and I really tried to shake off my nerves, but I couldn't. Especially when Mrs. Beckett came around and chatted about how many people would be at the ball tonight.

She told me I had to make a pristine impression. Since, I was the Adam Beckett's mate. I nodded the whole time, though I wasn't really paying attention.

After about three hours of discussing of how I'm going to walk, talk, and act, it's about 1 PM when Mrs. Beckett decides to get to work on me.

I sit quietly through most of it, till she gets to my hair and starts to tug my braid loose. That's when I grip her hand and still her movement. "What are you doing?"

Mrs. Beckett grunts and yanks her hand from my tight grasp, "I'm taking out this braid. You can't wear that to the ball."

"Why not?"

"Because you're not twelve years old anymore, Ronnie. You're a young lady." She says this perfectly and calmly, not giving me another minute to reply as she threads her fingers in my hair and pulls it all apart.

I let out a frustrated sigh, she sounds exactly like Anna.

I don't say much after that, nor do I protest when she begins to put makeup on me. I figure I have no absolute say in any of this.

                                                       I manage to break away after she's finished with my hair and makeup. I made up some stupid excuse that I needed to go to the bathroom. 

I was aiming to perhaps get out side and get some fresh air, but I fail miserably when I end up lost in Adam's huge house.

I peek into the rooms as I pass. Most of them are empty and each one leads to another dead end. 

That is, till I peer into a room that looks oddly familiar, yet different at the same time; I stop and despite the voice in my head that tells me to turn away, I can't help my curiosity.

I push the door open a little more to where I can see a bed and a wooden desk. My eyes scan the room, taking in the blue walls.

Before I can convince myself to turn around and walk away, I go into the room slowly, glancing over my shoulder to see if anyone is coming.

The room is big, though much of the space isn't really taken up. Besides the bed and desk, there isn't much else but a TV plastered on the wall and numerous photos on the wall.

I realize it's Adam's room when I spot a picture of him on one of the walls. It's one of him when he was young, smiling goofy at the camera with tomato sauce smeared all over his face.

I smile faintly at the picture and look to see more photos of him, mostly with his friends and pack mates.

I halt in front of his desk, fingering his objects on the desk which is really just a colon bottle, a lamp, and what appears to be a book of sort.

At first, I tinker around with the colon bottle, running my fingers over the glass. I give it a sniff too, only to cringe in disgust when I realize how strong it smells. I settle it down quickly, resisting the urge to sneeze.