Mind Over Matter.

Not edited. So sorry for any mistakes. Eventually, I will be going over them, so just be patient with me. (:                        

-----------------------------

                                                    I run for what feels like hours. I run till my legs burn massively and I can no longer go on, no matter how loud Liam's footsteps are behind me.

Instead of running to the pack houses, I run in the opposite direction in fear that Liam will be foolish and reveal himself to the entire pack.

I knew he was frantic enough to speak to me right now. And yes, I had seen him just take another man's life, but I wasn't about to let him get himself killed. Especially not by Alpha Beckett.

So that's why I find myself lost in the forest. No idea where I am. And the worst part is, I can't even feel, nor hear, Liam after me anymore.

I guess I had managed to lose him all a long the way. Though I bet he would find me in a matter of minutes. Seconds, perhaps.

I collapse shortly after, breathing heavily while pressing a hand to my chest, as if to prevent my pounding heart from flying out.

"Ronnie!"

My head shoots up in the direction of his voice. He's close by. I can tell now because his shouts start to get closer and closer. And so does his powerful footsteps.

I force myself to my feet, screaming at myself to keep going. That Liam is a monster. But I can't bring myself to.

Instead, I stay and watch the trees ahead of me, waiting for him to emerge. He doesn't disappoint when he appears only seconds later.

He stops only a few feet away from me, staring at me with glowing green eyes. Neither of us say anything for a while, the only sound is my ragged breathing.

Even if we did speak, I wouldn't know what to say. This was a new side of Liam that I wasn't familiar with. How do you speak to someone's who's just killed another person, anyway?

Sure, the man was in the Purgatory pack, but it's still scary. Scary to a point where when Liam advances towards me, I have no choice but to step back.

"Ronnie," He breathes, holding out his hand to me, but I quickly back up and stare at the crimson blood that coats his hand.

Now that I look closer at him, I can see blood on his clothes as well. And some on his face too. Though I don't know if it's his or not.

The thought makes me shiver and I truly wonder if that man he slaughtered in front of me was really the only man he's killed tonight.

I tremble uncontrollably and my lips part, words and questions stuck in my throat. I don't know whether to run or stay. To hear him out. But was there really a good enough excuse to killing someone?

There wasn't.

I needed to stop being a foolish girl and open my eyes and see Liam for what he really is. A murderer.

"Ronnie," He repeats, his voice is strained, "Come here. Please."

I shake my head faintly, so you can get me in your grip and kill me? No thanks.

Liam flinches. He's probably heard what I've just thought, but I don't care. I'm completely in a state of panic and shock, and I can't seem to shake myself out of it.

Liam would never hurt me. He wouldn't. He cares about me, I have somewhat of a mini battle with myself. One side agrees that Liam would never hurt me, but the other side doesn't.