Seven Nation Army.

Two days had passed since Anna's accident. And there still hasn't been one word spoken about it.

For all I knew, Anna could be dead. Her funeral could be being planned right now and I wouldn't know it. Or even worse, she could already be six feet under. Or that other thing they do to people when they die... cremation?

The mere thought of Anna's body being burned makes my stomach twist, forming a tight knot that I know isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Then again, the mere thought of Anna dying makes me feel sick. And the thought that I could have been the cause of her death makes me feel even worserer. Though I'm sure that's not a word, at the moment, I don't care.

For the past two days, the whole town has been quiet. Even the pack. Surprisingly, Adam hadn't come to bother me at all. Nor Alpha Beckett. And for that, I was grateful. 

I don't think I could handle looking into the eyes of Anna's killers so soon. Or well, her supposed killers.

I had found out minutes after the scene what had truly happened. Some girl who had witnessed  the horrific tragedy came babbling to me about it, claiming how a car had come crashing through the parking lot and had hit Anna. 

Immediately after hearing this, one thing rang in my mind. Alpha Beckett.

The name of the monster who had ruined my life kept on ringing in my head the whole way home when my dad picked me up from school.

I had tried convincing him to take me to the hospital. I had begged and pleaded and did about everything I could to somehow take me. But he argued that whatever was happening with Anna was between her and her parents. That we would just have to wait to find out what the verdict was.

But I couldn't wait to find. I just couldn't. So the next day, I went banging on Anna's door. Though no one answered and I quickly realized it was stupid of me to do so, seeing as Anna's parents or really Anna herself wouldn't be home.

For some reason, I didn't leave the house immediately. I had sat on their porch practically all day, praying that Anna's parents would return home. To at least maybe catch up on some sleep or something, as silly as it sounded. But it never happened. And it was stupid of me to think they'd really come home to catch up on some sleep when their daughter was on the brink of death. 

I wanted to go to the hospital. But I knew I couldn't. The nearest hospital was two hours away from our small town and I couldn't reach it without crossing into Purgatory territory. And I couldn't risk attracting their attention and ultimately drawing them to Anna nor her family. So I had to stay put, for the sake that they wouldn't discover my other weakness beside's Liam. 

Then again, perhaps it wasn't Alpha Beckett who had killed Anna. It could have been the Purgatory for all I know. Maybe they were just doing what Alpha Beckett was doing. Targeting the people closest to me just to strike me down. But how would they know about Anna? They couldn't. They didn't know anything about me besides the fact that I was Liam's mate.

But maybe - just like the night of the ball - Alpha Beckett could have given them a lead. A lead to Anna so he wouldn't have to get his hands dirty and actually kill her. Most likely that was the case. Either way, I knew I'd find out sooner or later, if I wanted to or not.

That first night of not knowing what happened to Anna, I had drove myself insane with the thoughts that were slowly eating away at me. 

And that's why, on the the second night, after gaining up the courage, right after my dad had fallen asleep, I had shifted and dashed off as far as I could before I entered the main town. From there, at twelve AM in the morning, I caught a bus to the hospital.