Blackmail At It's Best.

This has not been edited.

And please read the Author's note at the end. Thank you & enjoy. <3

               My mouth goes dry and the words I try to say, seem to be stuck in my throat. I don't know what to do. So I just stare.

He flashes me a sly smile, he knows he's caught me. He knows I'm at his mercy now. But I refuse to let him think he's won, so I compose myself. Sit up straight and put a hard expression on my face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He laughs - more like cackles - before he pushes the mugs towards me. "Do you mind getting me some more coffee, dear?"

I narrow my eyes at him. Biting back the urge to say, get your own damn coffee. I don't need to test him right now. I don't think It'd be the smart thing to do, then again.

I reach for the mug and grasp it in my hand. I stand up and walked over to the pot on the stove and pour some in.

I slowly walk back over to the table and place it down roughly in front of him, causing some hot coffee to splatter across his hand. He lets out a sound and rubs over the spot. I resist the urge to smirk. "Sorry."

"I bet you are," He mutters and takes a sip from the mug, "Most people don't like their coffee without sugar, but I do."

I only stare at him. Questioning silently how he can act so casual. Like this isn't happening. Like he hasn't just announced that he knows about Liam. But he has.

I rest my forearms on the table and convince myself to not leap across the table. To not punch that smile right off his face. I also manage to get my anger in control remarkably. Not because I want to somehow still be respectful to this ass, no way.

If I want to somehow pull this whole act off, I need to act calm. Being angry would just be a dead give away that he's caught me.

Plus, I won't give him the satisfaction knowing he's stuck a nerve. I compose myself and lean back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest and giving off the airy feeling that I don't care. That this isn't big news to me. Too bad it actually is.

"You do know what's going to happen, don't you?" He asks bemused, placing his mug back on the table.

"Nothing," I say, and he seems shocked by my answer since his eyebrows shoot up.

"What makes you think that, Mars?"

"Because I don't even know what you're talking about," I say calmly, "What about Liam Farley?"

He shakes his head at me, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Let's not play dumb here, Ronnie. I heard it all the other day."

It all clicks together quickly and mechanically, surprising even myself, the second bang of my door. That must have been him exiting my house.

I'm screwed. I'm completely screwed. How the heck can I get out of this when he heard it straight from my mouth?

Maybe he's lying. Maybe Adam just told him or something, I think dolefully. But not even as I repeat that over and over again in my head do I come to believe it.

I swallow roughly, and my once calm composure fades. But even then I try to hold it together. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, let me refresh you're memory," He gives me a smile, standing up from his chair and walked over to where I am. I stiffen once he rests a hand on my shoulder. "You said to Adam that Liam came for you. He helped you escape, didn't he?"