Q&A

By popular demand, this is your chance to ask all the curious questions you want! Exciting, isn't it?

I've received a lot of questions throughout the book and I will be listing them here. Comment your questions and I will add them with the answer on this page. That being said, this will get updated periodically (so you may want to check back in often) and I won't answer in the comment section for the purpose of this.

ꕥ 

Q | Are you all the same age as in the book?

A | We were. However, we're all fall babies, and our birthdays are coming up. My second oldest brother just turned 25 this past week. My oldest brother will be turning 27 in less than a week. I will be turning 21 four days after him, and then the twins will be 18 before the end of the year.

Q | Is Malia a real person, too?

A | Yes, out of all the characters I based on real people, Malia was probably the closest. Even the conversations between Malia and Jorydn were real. 

Q | If given the chance, would you actually move away from your hometown? 

A | Yes, I would. I can't say the same for my brothers, they are more home-bodies than me. I have always been a traveler at heart and I hope to travel for a job once I get my degree. I want to see the world before I settle in one place. 

Q | Do your brothers have friends? Do you ever meet them?

A | My brothers are pretty career-orientated, they never really spent time making friends, but I think our homelife situation kinda prevented their social life, too. I met my second oldest brother's friend from college once, and I didn't like him. My second oldest brother knows that now and he won't invite his friend out when I'm home. My oldest brother keeps to himself a lot, he's a little shy, I don't even know if he has friends outside of coworkers. The twins have friends from town but I don't see them, I just hear about them.

Q | Did Mikeal and Ezra go to college in real life? 

A | Yes! My oldest brother went to a trade school for 9-months for a diesel mechanic degree and my second oldest brother went to a community college for 2 years for a welding degree. I am the only one in the family going to medical school. They both work as mechanics at a high-end company now. 

Q| Are the stories at the ends of the chapters true? 

A| ... yes. That's why I stated real facts. I often wrote chapters from some of those stories, as some of you picked up on. 

Q| Are you and Ezra the closest siblings? 

A| I definitely would not say that. I think that the twins and I are the closest siblings. More specifically, the youngest twin and I. Just like Jordyn and Julian. 

Q| Did you really punch Ezra? 

A| Yep. It was when we were younger, and our tempers often matched. He was accusing me of sleeping around and I was fed up with it, so I swung. Hence the one chapter early on between Ezra and Jordyn, although I didn't have her take a swing at him.