•8•

Just here reminding everybody that, nope, this whole storyline ain't gonna be a yuri, okay?

Just to clear some misunderstanding cause some of you might take it that way.

A friend of mine actually found this book mine and by reading it, she asks me if its a yuri

Anyways, here's an update. Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

- Musa -

The place turn silent the moment Hylia left. I finished preparing some breakfast for myself, a struck of laziness came unto me as I eat.

My eyes went dull and my body feels weak. The bubbly personality that I once hold fades as my eyes trails over anything that I see.

It's been a while since I felt this way.

The trail of sight stops at a picture frame over a shelf. It's a picture of me and my brother, way before when we're younger. Both held bright faces as he seats on top of my shoulders, he as he holds some apples in his hands. This is the time when the orphanage visits an apple farm to help out in harvest. That was our first harvest together.

Right, together, before.

When we're oblivious to the world. When all we could think of were finishing chores and slipping away at night to play some more over the backyard at the orphanage. When all we thought of the world is a fun place we could live at.

Those fun times that are so memorable and dear to the heart, just when did everything starts to crumble and turn to dark?

"Oh, Rehan, brother... Just where are you right now?"

° 4 Years Ago °

- 3rd Pov -

It was winter. The snow that scatters around might be endearingly lovely for kids who have been living a great life, but for the ones forsaken, it was torturous.

The coldness of snow and every bit of frost slowly numbs the feeling along their skin. Noticing this, the older wrap her arms around her younger brother in hopes of giving him some warmth.

The home they've once known has burst into flames a time before winter comes. Starting then, these two siblings have been wandering around,  hoping to find a decent place to cover under a roof.

They've been staying either in a park or an alley corner. Their situation is pitiful, yet no one would know.

For a pair of young siblings placed in a midst of crowd, they're just strangers who wouldn't been given a moment of attention for aide. Thus, no one know.

The pair are starting to get used to this kind of lifestyle, which is unhealthy, however they weren't given much of a choice.

That day would have been the same as any other day of struggling. But for some reason, as if their pain wasn't enough, misfortune dawns on them.

Unfamiliar people starts to surround them, catching them in a rough manner like they did something wrong, in which they haven't. Struggling against their hold but futile. Tears escape her eyes as she watch them drag her brother away, shoving her in vehicle and immediately leading her to an enclosed cold room as soon as they reach the place.

Day after day at that hell was painful. As if they brought in a lab rat, they went on and started experimenting stuff on her. There's no resting in her manner, for she have to deal with the pain even after the scientific stuffs are over. Rolling around on her jail cell, curling as a means of enduring the pain for she refuse to scream in agony. She refuse to show she's weak.

Days turn weeks, weeks turns months, and before she knew it, years have past. The image of her brother has already faded on her memories, even his name can't be remembered.

She just silently waited for those guards to pick her up and lead her to the lab. She always thought, she has to endure. It doesn't matter whatever reason those scientists are doing to her, for its making her stronger. The restraints keeps her sealed, but she could feel it. A power from within that is acting like a time bomb. She needs more of it,

To break away from this cage,
To find her brother,
To be able to protect him right after.

She needs it. She just need to strike at the right time.

And as if her prayers where answered, the building shook dangerously. It wasn't an earthquake or anything, for the force didn't came underground but by the foundation of the place.

Everything was going by too fast. By instinct, she desperately dealt with her cuffs as she break down her cage door. She doesn't know how to fight, so as she persue her way to the Control room she always passed by, she took in damage from the ones guarding the place.

She can't fall. Sha musn't fall.

This is the only chance.

Reaching the said room, she barged in. That room where she set the controls down for her freedom, it was also the place she first took a life.

The building collapse as she barely got out, however the damage she took was too much for her to handle. She enered the darkness full of regrets.

How she prayed that everything will not end just like that, at least for her brother.

And as she got out, the blurry image of pink locks stayed within her mind before passing out again.

A week after that, she finally recovered half of her strength and with it, she manage to reach a place she could never forget.

The orphanage.

The once home full of children 's laughter was just part of the past. For now, its just an empty space with tge remains of the arson tragedy. Looking around as if trying to remember more, she stop by a tree that somehow held something on one of its high branches. With her strength, she reach on it with ease as some memories came flooding back.

What she held within her hands is a picture of both hrt and her brother laminated by a plastic case to keep it from ruing such photo. And for some reason, they decide to tie this little thing on this tree like a commemoration of such sort.

She snapped as all her painful weighs came to her in an instant. She went on a spree hunting aides after aides. She wasn't in control as she let her emotions take her.

And that's when the faithful encounter began.

- Musa -

I shut my eyes as I slump back on my chair as those memories brings nothing but pain.

Why did I even ask such a question?

Immediately finishing my bowl, as a new fire was lit inside. Let's keep this power in check and control.

So that when a go meet my brother, I'll can be confident that I can protect him and not get back to that pathetic state.

"Hang on, Rehan. I'll see you soon"