Chapter 13

Alison put aside her homework. Her mother had announced that they were leaving after dinner. After she had left, Alison had visited James and Jordan and after promising them another piano lesson later, she had gone to her room and had done her homework.

It was a quarter to 5 when she was done. She changed into a black sports tank top and leggings and french braid her hair. She then went downstairs and to the gym. She walked in and froze when she saw Damien, Xander, and Hunter already there. Xander and Damien were wrestling in the center of the room where a mat had been put and had created a ring. Hunter was sitting on top of a few boxes there, shouting and watching them. Damien and Xander were shirtless and in sport shorts, showing their six-packs proudly. Their skins that were covered with tattoos were glinting with sweat. Hunter too was in shorts put he had a t-shirt on.

They all stopped and turned to her when they noticed her and she moved on her feet uneasily under their intense gaze.

"Alie!" said Hunter confused but with a happy tone in his voice.

"Uh, Rich told me to meet him here." she explained hastily as she pointed to the door. She felt heat raised to her neck.

As if on cue, the door opened again and Rich walked in. He was wearing a black t-shirt and sweat pants. He frowned when he saw the twins. "Put on a shirt. Now." he ordered firmly and sternly.

None of the twins disobeyed. Only Xander groaned under his breath. Rich then turned to Alison and smiled. "Okay, Al." he said and clapped his hands. "Let's see how much you know about self-defense. How long were you going to Kung Fu classes?"

"Four years." answered Alison. "After that, I practiced regularly with my friends."

Rich nodded. "Hunter is the smallest of all of us." he said as he smugly smirked at the annoyed Hunter. "Let's see how you will do against him."

Hunter jumped down. "As you wish, my dear big brother." he huffed and walked on the ring and smirked at Alison who came and stood in front of him confidently. His 5'9 feet easily towered over her 5'3 figure.

"I'm going easy on you, Alie. Don't be worried." he said smugly and brought his fists up and took a guard.

Alison bowed and put one of her hands behind her and smirked. "Never underestimate your opponent, little brother." she responded.

Rich, Xander, and Damien gathered around the ring and watched them intently. Hunter yelled and was the first one to attack. Alison blocked and dodged his fists and kicks. He was quick and accurate, Alison was giving that to him. But .... she was good as well. She used a moment, put her arms between his and pushed them outside, and then pushed him backward.

As he was stumbling backward, she continued to attack with calculated kicks and then jumped, whirled in the air, and kicked him one last time in the chest, hard enough to throw him down. Hunter jumped on his feet quickly and threw a punch at Alison. Alison dodged it, grabbed his hand, and twisted it painfully, and brought it to his back, and with a kick to the back of his knee, brought him to his knees.

Rich clapped satisfied and Alison quickly released Hunter and helped him to stand. "You're fine?" she asked worried while checking him for any injuries. Hunter massaged his shoulder. "Yes, you didn't go hard on me." he winced as Alison touched his shoulder. "Sorry." she said.

"That was great. Better than I expected." said Rich amused. "Now let's see what you will do in front of one of the twins. Damien." he said and Damien smirked and stepped on the mat.

She only could stand against Damien for three minutes before he grabbed her leg and made her fall painfully on her back. Before she can catch her breath, Damien twisted her hand on her back and put a knee on her back and she hissed in pain that erupted in her arm.