Chapter 33

Alison groaned in her sleep and twitched her nose to get rid of the feather-like movement right in front of her nose. The feeling returned and not only in her nose but at the sole of her foot as well. She wiggled her foot and sneezed before hearing a string of snickers and giggles. She frowned before opening one of her eyes, only to come face to face with a smirking James who had a feather in his hand and was moving it in front of her nose. 

"Misson abort!" yelled James when he saw her glare and jumped down her bed. He was still in his pjs. "Run for your life! The monster is awake." he yelled as he ran toward the door followed by Jordan who squealed as well and jumped down from beside Alison's foot and ran after his twin with a feather in his hand.

Alison threw her blanket away and ran after them out of her room. "You little chipmunks!" she growled and they both screeched and their laughter filled the air. "If I get you, you will regret waking me like that."

Once downstairs, when Alison was gaining on them, they saw Bella walking toward the front door, ready to leave. She was in a denim skirt and a white cardigan on top of a white tank top. She was looking toward the stairs at hearing the mayhem they had caused. "Bella!" yelled the twins and her eyes widened in surprise and the twins ran and hid behind her. "Please, hide us. This monster wants to eat us for breakfast." shrieked James and he walked around Bella to stay away from angry Alison, still giggling with his twin. Bella smiled softly at them and played along pretending to keep them away from Alison.

"So now I'm a monster, huh?" said Alison as she reached out to grab James but he shrieked while laughing and dodged her hand. "What were you too when you were tickling me with feathers while I was sleeping?"

"God, Alison. Stop hurting these cute boys." said Bella but then burst into laughter. "But you really look like a monster. Have you seen yourself?"

Alison groaned and glared at the snickering twins. "You would look like a crap if you were waking up by these two devils."

"Alison, don't call them devils." Eva's voice reached them and they all looked at her walking out of the living room.

"Mommy!" yelled the twins and ran to her who gave them each a kiss on their foreheads.

"Sorry, but your two angels just woke me up by shoving a feather into my nose." said Alison frustrated, and threw her arms in the air.

"Boys, you should not go into anyone's room without their permission and more importantly, don't prank on them." scolded Eva to the twins and scowled at the little boys who looked down embarrassed. "Okay, now go up and get ready for school. Layla will come up to help you."

"Okay mummy." murmured the twins and ran up the stairs while bickering among themselves.

Alison huffed while Bella chuckled and shook her head. "Good morning, grumpy head." greeted Eva and kissed Alison on her cheek. "How was your date last night? I was tucking the twins in bed when you returned. When I came to your room you were fast asleep."

"Yeah, mum is right." said Bella and crossing her arms on her chest and wiggling her eyebrows. "I went to sleep soon last night. But I'm late now. You have to tell me everything when I'm back."

"God, why everyone wants to know?" grumbled Alison under her breath and rubbed her face. She had already explained about her date to Hunter, Damien, and Xander who interrogated her the moment she had arrived. Alex had dropped her at home before 10 as he had promised and had given her a long chaste kiss on the lips before leaving which had not settled well with her stepbrothers who had witnessed it. She had hardly escaped the angry beasts they have turned to and had gone to her room when Ashley, Ed, and Logan had called her. Ashley was squealing all the time and gushing about everything and the boys had whined and cursed Alex at every possible time.