Chapter 27

Alison jumped out of the taxi before it even fully stopped. Surprisingly the driver managed to get her to Ed's house in ten minutes. She saw Logan and Ashley jumping out of Logan's pickup truck. The three nodded and rushed to the house and stopped at the front door. 

"It's so quiet." said Ashley worriedly. She was pale.

"eerily quiet." said Alison. 

Logan didn't waste more time. He went to the door and knocked fiercely. When he didn't get a response he turned the doorknob and found it locked. He quickly took out his pocket knife and picked the lock easily and opened the door. "Ed?" he asked as he walked inside.

"Logan, be careful." said Ashley worriedly. Alison walked into the house followed by Ashley and heard her gasp. Her heart sank when she stepped in. The house was a mess. Everything was broken or thrown aside.

"Ed!" yelled Logan and rushed behind a couch when he saw Ed sitting on the ground and leaning on the wall. Alison and Ashley ran there.

"Edie!" said Ashley and her voice cracked when she saw his bloody face. His nose was bleeding and the gash above his eye was reopened. His eyes were closed. Logan knelt beside him and gently touched his shoulder. "Hey, man!" he said and Ed winced even with Logan's soft touch.

Alison and Ashley knelt beside him as well as he opened his eyes and looked at them. "What's wrong, Ed?" asked Alison quickly. "Are you in pain?"

"I killed him." chocked ed under his breath. He raised his arm and pointed somewhere behind them. His face scrunched in pain with only that small action.

The three turned and only then did they see the body of Ed's father on the ground. His head was near the stairs. There was a bat on the ground next to him. Logan stood and went to him and put a hand on his neck. "The bastard is still alive. Don't be worried." he seethed as he stood again and walked back.

Alison turned to Ed again and inspected him. "Ed! Where do you feel pain the most?" she asked concerned. 

"Can't breath!" said Ed. "He hit me with a bat."

"The fucker must have broken his ribs." growled Logan.

"We should call the police." said Ashley and brought her phone out. "He needs medical care."

Logan quickly snatched the phone out of her hand. "Are you crazy?" he said. "His father is barely breathing. Even if he won't get accused of attempted murder, they can still send him to jail."

"So what we should do?" asked Ashley as tears ran down her face. "He is in pain."

"We need to take him somewhere that they don't call the cops or social services." said Logan and looked at Alison for help.

An idea suddenly popped into her mind and she quickly fished her phone out. "Rich mentioned having a private clinic once." she said as she dialed Rich's number. Her stepbrothers were the only ones she could trust to help her in that situation. They were Mafia for God's sake.

"Alison." greeted Rich happily once he picked the line. "How are..."

Alison quickly cut him off. "Rich, I need your help." she erupted worridly once she heard him. "My friend. He is badly hurt and we can't take him to the hospital. Do you have a private clinic? Can we bring him there?"

"Alison, calm down and tell me where you are." asked Rich alert.

"I'm in Ed's house." she explained in haste. "He has gone into a fight with his father and his father has beaten him in the chest with a bat. he can't breathe properly. His father has fallen next to the stairs unconscious. We are afraid that he dies and the police arrests Ed. What should I do? Please help us."