Chapter 18

Alison had woken up with a smile on her face. Her dreams were filled with images of Alex last night. She still couldn't believe that he was doing all of that just to fulfill what she had asked him. 

She spent her morning helping James and Jordan to create a replica of an island for their school. Hunter had gone out with his friends that morning and so did Xander and Damien.

It was after 10 A.M that Jess called her and asked her to hang out with her and Ayda. It was a warm and sunny day, so Alison changed into a white short sleeve summer dress that reached just above her knees. She applied a bit of makeup, left her hair free, put on her sandals and left her room, and headed downstairs to the west wing to see Mason and ask for his permission.

She was a few steps away from his office when suddenly her phone rang and her mother's name flashed on the screen. Alison smiled and looked around. The corridor was too silent and the thought of going upstairs to her room seemed crazy, so she quickly walked to the ballroom and slipped inside, and closed the door behind her. 

She talked for  20 minutes with her mother in the silence of the ballroom. The doors were soundproof so she didn't notice that hell broke loose outside. After ending the call, she looked at her clock and hurried to the door. She was going to be late and Jess would kill her for sure. She walked into the once again empty corridor and quickly went to Mason's office. Once she was in front of the office's door, she took a deep breath. "God, I'm getting too used to this ridiculous rule of taking permission for going out." she whispered under her breath angrily before gathering her courage to knock on the door.

"Come in." she heard Mason's loud and angry voice and for a second she thought about running away but she hesitantly opened the door and peeked inside and halted in her place on the door frame and looked at the scene in front of her.

The tension in the room could be cut with a knife and made it hard to breathe. Rich, Mason, and Ben were standing there, watching her like she had grown two heads. But there was another man in the room who made Alison's blood freeze with his malicious look. Two other scary-looking bald men covered with tattoos had stood behind him.

"Alison!" called Rich shocked. 

"Ummm," said Alison as she moved on her feet uneasily and looked at Mason who was speechless. "Sorry, I just wanted to ask if I can go out with my friends, but I think It's not a good time. Sorry."

She turned to leave but a deep voice with a thick Russian accent stopped her. "So this is the famous stepdaughter." she turned to see the malicious man had now stood and was taking slow intimidating steps toward her. A nasty smirk was on his lips while he was staring at her with mischief glinting in his eyes. "So you are Alison. You are hotter than what I have imagined."

That seemed to bring Mason out of his trance. "Rich!" he said and Rich was beside Alison with a few long and fast strides. He put a firm hand on Alison's shoulder and guided her outside. "See you soon, Alie," chirped the Russian man and Alison shivered at his promising tone. She had no intentions of seeing him ever again.

"Don't even think about it, Volkov." Mason's dangerous and blood-freezing growl was the last thing that Alison heard before the door closed behind her and Rich.

Rich didn't release her from his hold until they were in the back garden. "I'm sorry." said Alison. She felt guilty although she had done nothing.

Rich looked at her and frowned. "It was not your fault, Al." he said reassuringly but his signature warm smile was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there was a cold scowl plastered on his face as he called a number on his phone. "Green, bring a car to the back door. You should take Alison out. take Nilson with yourself." he said on the phone.