CHAPTER 29: Since Forever

************************************

Camron had told her he won't be able to go home for Thanksgiving break, she herself was busy trying to meet the deadline and she couldn't go either and she felt really bad for letting down her dad. After promises of visiting home for Christmas, she hung up the phone and then felt terrible for a whole day.

Ella worked on her fiction piece tirelessly and stayed holed up in her room for the entire weekend. She didn't even go out to get food because Nora, her amazing roommate, brought it to her desk, albeit a bit spicy, it was delicious and she couldn't be more grateful. Nora couldn't make a five day trip all the way across the globe to South Korea so she was at the campus too, while the college emptied out.

Ella was leaning back in her chair, stretching her back and arms when Nora knocked on her door and came in with an offer, "Do you want a cup of chamomile tea? I'm making some..."

Ella wanted a strong cup of coffee but decided to settle for tea instead, since she didn't have the energy, nor the mood to make anything, "Sure I'd like a cup."

And before she could return to her work Nora interrupted, "Ella, I have a question....I mean, I'll ask only if you can take a short break, otherwise, it can wait."

Ella rolled her neck and decided to give her fingers some rest, "You can ask."

"I mean- I can infer from your lack of excitement, but I thought I'd still ask, Neo wasn't him right?" She asked hesitantly and Ella sighed in exhaustion.

"No... it wasn't him. The date went well, but I was disappointed to know it wasn't Elliot. Neo is such a nice guy though...he understood and didn't ask for a second date or anything, but I felt really awkward."

"Welcome to dating...most of it is just awkward." Nora spread her arms and shrugged.

"How do people do this constantly? I couldn't even let two people down when they said they like me." Ella ran her hands down her face tiredly, "I feel awful, thank god I didn't deal with all this when I was an immature high schooler, god knows how well I would have handled it."

"Wait, two people? There's someone else?" Nora caught on and Ella looked positively like a deer caught in headlights.

"Uh- yeah, there was someone else, but that's another story... I'll tell you later." She was trying to figure it out herself and a part of her wanted to postpone all the teasing she was going to endure.

"But who was it?!" Nora pressed, wanting to know right that second.

"I'll tell you later...I promise." Ella slouched in her chair, fatigued, wanting to end the awkward conversation she pleaded with her eyes.

"Fine" Nora eased off seeing how disgruntled her friend looked. "But damn, it's like the universe is trying to make up for the lack of romance in your life." she joked walking towards the door again.