+RED BEARD-

Ben explained that the first day was the most tiresome, and Mondays' aching jaw attested it. Never had she spoken so much. All she dreamt of doing was taking a good shower and sleeping. No, it would be a good shower and writing instead thought the woman until Ben told her the fair booked a bar for After-Fair drinks.

Great thought Monday as she realized she had to abort her plans.

According to Ben, the bar was the best place to make contacts as those who snubbed others in the BookInc halls usually let their guard down in front of a pint.

Monday preferred wine to beer but could play the game for one night.

The Tamis bar wasn't far from Mondays' hotel, and she figured she could make a run for it after an hour.

Her plans changed the moment her eye spotted the tuna sandwich man's reddish hair.

Ben assured Monday the bar was closed for the public. Kenneth spoke with someone at the counter. The person with him was either a fellow author or another professional.

"Guys, I found a table."

Monday and Ben followed Tim to a small table to which they added a stool. They ordered their drinks; all admitted the lager comforted.

"So Tim, how did you find the fair?"

"It's crazy; I've always been a visitor. Being on the exhibitors' side is something else."

Tim was a communication graduate who wished to become a line editor. He had worked for their publishing house as a proofreader. Enthusiastic, Tim accepted the entry-level job opportunity. For the moment, he backed the teams on different events of the season. The pay as expected was low, but at least the publishing house took care of transportation and accommodation expenses. Also, he got press access to events he could only dream of attending.

An avid reader, Tim appreciated all genres. One had the chance of being chosen with someone like him screening a manuscript.

Monday didn't know before being published that some drafts didn't get scrapped because they were terrible. Occasionally the writing came after the rest. It sometimes, see, most times depended on the editors' taste: their religion or no-religious precepts, political or non-political views, even their mood.

Some were sensitive to themes, pathologies, whether psychological or psychical, could have one out. Past trauma found themselves woke by triggers, and editors ruled out some manuscripts.

Monday was a supporter of the tell-all movement. Writers were often the only outlet to speak up about society's devious going on. The industry needed someone as open-minded as Tim, in her opinion, to freshen up bookshelves. Some subjects required the window offered by literacy.

The group chatted and laughed for a while before mingling with other professionals. Tim went to speak with some self-published authors. While Ben spotted one of his Exs, who was part of the BookInc community and decided to find out what he was up to, Ben also wished to get some hints on the eventual winners of the BookInc book prizes.

Left alone, Monday sent a message to her cousin Luce, the only person in her family who found she had an incredible job. The nurse read all of Mondays' books and saw nothing needing censorship. Luce, who worked in the HIV/AIDS ward, appreciated the explicit scenes that included contraception. She believed her cousin faithfully exploited the phases from the foreplay to the multiple takes, not making it seem people had sex from dusk to dawn without a pause. Also, the love story and relationships took up ninety-nine percent. Luce was a fan who prompted co-workers to read her cousins' books.

Once she sent the message to Luce, Monday went to the counter and ordered a glass of wine. Kenneth wasn't there anymore, and the woman guessed she wouldn't figure out what tuna sandwich meant.