CALLER UNKNOWN

Yep, Kenneth nodded with contempt at his reflection. Dayé Yeni was nothing special. Kenneths' denial mechanism worked full regime.

The day carried on, Kenneth returned to his apartment and got ready. He followed his schedule filled with meetings and two podcasts. In the evening, he had dinner with Morgen.

"So, how was this fair?"

"Exhausting, andㅡ."

He stopped speaking. An image of Monday standing in the middle aisle of his conference on the first day with her asymmetric skirt and Jean jacket came to mind. The woman stood clueless and probably wondering what she was doing there. She had captured his attention right away though he didn't know who she was. 

"Kenneth?"

"Yes."

"You seem to be daydreaming," Morgen said.

The man smiled, took a deep breath, and leaned back on his chair, "Morgen, opposites don't attract, right?"

Morgen flexed a brow while his mind sported his psychologist cap, "correct, it's a myth. Studies show people tend to look for a partner with similar traits. A relationship with someone with opposite traits withers with time as the contrast in the personalities becomes more visible. Why the question?"

"No, nothing."

Morgen observed him for a second. Kenneth had profoundly changed in the last few years. He voluntarily forgot himself and sunk in his work. The man avoided weaving profound bonds. He had on-the-surface relationships with everyone, including Morgen, with whom he had an over ten-year-old friendship.

Kenneth distanced himself even more when Morgen got married and had kids. He only visited Morgen when he knew his kids were out and left when he heard their voices coming in.

"So the fair?" Morgen pursued.

"It was nothing much. Oh, by the way, I got Lisbeths' book." The man handed Morgen the bag.

"Great, thanks. Lisbeth has all of Dayé Yenis' books. I swear, sometimes I hear her laughing, and I'm like, you've already read it blimey heck, why the laughter?"

Morgen was English, while his wife Gina Lisbeth Perez was Cuban-English. He was a psychologist, and Lisbeth was a dance instructor. Morgens' couple appeared to hold the distance as far as opposite went. The pragmatic practician found his balance with the flamboyant Latina.

Fan of telenovelas, the woman's choice of books didn't surprise Kenneth.

Their meal continued, Kenneth told all the fair episodes leaving out Monday.

She didn't need mentioning.

"Kenneth, remember it's Rendel christening next month."

The man wondered what made him acceptable to be a Godfather.

How could he teach, support or guide someone?

There was no better choice for Morgen and Lisbeth than the guru.

"Yes, I already blocked the date on my calendar," Kenneth replied.

"Thanks, mate."

They finished their meals on other topics and parted on the promise of meeting for the christening. Kenneth returned to his apartment, where he walked about and stopped in front of the panoramic view of Central; all was still. The mans' heart and mind were appeased. There was nothing better than time to reason ones' thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Monday."

Correction, there was no reasoning.