Chapter 23 - Didn't Mean Anything To You

Huff...huff...huff...

"M-Master...Master Nate?"

Huff...huff...huff...

"That's way too—"

"Shut up!"  Nate growled ferociously, exhaling a curse under his breath as he locked the cuffs as the tightest one possible.

Even Dante gulped, glancing over his shoulder and murmuring, "Seriously Nate, I think they'll break my—"

Smack.

"I told you," Nate stepped in front of him, his eyes sharply narrowed enticed with a slight twist of disgust, "to shut up, didn't I?"

It only made Dante inhale a sharp breath, attempting to ease his breathing but feeling as if his heart was rising into his throat, a sudden hotness infiltrating his body from his racing hormones. He couldn't stop himself for panting, letting Nate push him towards the ground as he landed on his knees, relishing more.

Smack.

Dante redressed his head, wanting more and seeing Nate pull his palm back for another hit.

Smack.

Another palm across his other cheek, feeling both sides of his jaw begin to sting. It only made him moan as he glanced upwards for a quick second, seeing Nate with his foot to the side this time.

Slam...

That made frown, realizing that Nate hadn't said anything. He hadn't even grabbed the knife from Dante's pocket nor the pair of scissors on his desk; he had been repeatedly hitting him with a striking glare on his face, his gaze almost in flames.

Slam...

Dante's face fell, his vulnerable gaze shifting to the somber ones of his main persona, all his muscles tightening as he lifted his head to stare directly into the narrowed gaze of Nate. This no longer was lustful dominance for pleasure but entirely using his sexual desires as means to be a punching bag.

Punch...

"Touch me one more time and I swear..." Nate instantly paused, his prepared palm trembling over his head, resisting the urge to slam it across his face, "...I'm killing you and your aunt tonight." Nate held in his breath, his gritted teeth squeezing harder together but he lowered his hand to his side, not wanting to test that threat. He flinched when Dante's deep tone growled, "Take these off from me."

Although reluctant, taking a few steps backwards, he eventually exhaled a long sigh before approaching him, Dante feeling Nate's fingers play with the ends of his cuffs before he felt it release from around his wrists. When it did, he rapidly removed the collar from around his neck, grabbed the hoodie from the floor before pulling his fist back and slamming it directly into Nate's face, landing on his cheekbone.

Nate hadn't seen it coming; Dante had been terribly rapid that he only knew he had been hit when he was propelled backwards, stumbling a few steps before regaining his balance with the help of his wall. He was definitely going to have a bruise form on that spot, his fingers touching it and he winced when the stinging spread across his entire cheek.

"If you ever hit me like that again," Dante started, eyeing him challengingly through a narrowed gaze. Even his lip curled, growing angrier by each second that passed. "I'm ending your life on the spot."

"That's what you like," Nate snapped, his glare much more emphasized than Dante. "Don't you want to be hit?"

"You know what I mean." Dante still felt tipsy from how much alcohol he drank earlier, which was why his emotions were amplified more than they should have been. "You're pissed off."

Nate snorted, glancing elsewhere. "No, I'm not—"

"What the fuck are you pissed about?"

Nate exhaled a sharp breath; he didn't want it to be revealed but he had to now since Dante already knew. He thought he could have gone through this session without even mentioning the thoughts continuously crossing his mind, but not everything was meant to go as predicted. He shook his head, his lip tightening into a line for a moment. "You're ruining any chance that I have with other guys."

Dante burst into a fit of chuckles, lifting his eyebrows in shock that this was even a topic of discussion. The plural in his usage of words made him realize something. "You're interested in Jules?"

"That's not the point Dante." Dante was taken aback, inhaling a sharp breath. "There's always a problem," he hissed through his gritted teeth. "I'm on a date and I come back to be screamed at by you, as if I killed your fucking mother."

"You ignored my calls after I explained to you our deal, of course I'd be fucking furious—"

"Then I'm at school with my friends and you kiss me in front of Jules and insinuated that we're dating when we have nothing going on!"

Dante gasped, his lips slammed shut right after and he glanced elsewhere, raising his hand in disbelief. He could barely even look at Nate, flames starting to grow in his eyes as one of his hands squeezed into a fist, his knuckles growing pale. After a few seconds of silence, he growled, "Seriously? We have nothing?"

Nate firmly nodded his head, even taking a step forward aggressively. "Yes, we have fucking nothing going on—!"

"I knew it!" Dante snarled, broadening his shoulders as well before taking a step forward too. "What happened in the car didn't mean anything to you!" When he saw Nate's narrowed gaze suddenly fall, he added, "For you, it was another one night stand, right?! Just another you can boast about?"

Nate fell quiet, his eyes shifting away from Dante's for a moment. "That's not t—"

"Deep down I knew it didn't mean anything to you, you know why?" Dante stepped even closer. "Because the next day after we fucked in my truck, you went on a date with some guy you met at the bar and fucking made-out with him as if I wasn't even at the back of your mind."

Nate could see it, that was why he was enraged, and he had kept it bottled inside of him. That was why he had been angry with him that night, screamed at him at the top of his lungs as if not answering calls were grounds to have him murdered. Dante's jaw was trembling from the burning through his blood, fuelling the flames even further, pumping through his muscles and each vessel in his body.

Nate had no idea Dante had been feeling this way.

"You never told me that—"

"It doesn't take a genius to realize these things," Dante spat back, eyeing Nate for a few seconds longer before turning away from him, heading for the door. "But enjoy your little time with Andrew, hope he makes you feel the way I made you fucking feel that night because you and I both know," he glanced over his shoulder, his entire persona shifting, as if he had suddenly gained a boost of confidence, "you've never had anything like that done to you before."