Chapter 164 - "Five down, two more to go."

Author's Note: Before you read this, I just want to say that I'm sorry.

Chapter 164

~ Back to present time ~

All three of them watched as Reno gasped for air, grinding his teeth as he planted his palm frantically over his own stomach and felt the gushing blood leaking along it. He felt as though his entire body had suddenly grown weakened, but his first instinct, with the adrenaline, was to attempt to get up. However, the dizziness had already taken over his mind that he couldn't even sit upwards before seeing stars.

"I'm not dying here, I'm not fucking dying here," Reno growled through gritted teeth, observing the horrifying stares of Dante and Nate. The only one who moved was Lucius who reached for his parka, grabbed the edge of the sleeve with his teeth and ripped a piece of the cloth. Although he was trying to stay composed, he wasn't prepared to lose someone else. "I can't die here, Lucy. Not before I see Bronsted," he exhaled through a shaky breath, his fingers curling around Lucius' shoulder. "I cannot die."

"You're not dying, Moreno." Without any warning, Lucy plunged his finger wrapped in the cloth inside the wound, then began pushing more cloth inside to plug the wounds. The pain was so horrific that Reno's fingers reached for Lucius forearm and dug his nails into him, blood-curdling screams echoing across the forest.

"It doesn't fucking hurt," Lucius screamed at him as he continued to follow it up until no more could be pushed in, "we've trained for this, stop being a bitch."

"You're right!" Reno agreed, although tears were profusely leaking from his eyes. The blood was soaking through the cloth in barely any seconds, but this was the most they could do in this situation; it was better than nothing. "I need to stop being a bitch!"

"I was stabbed before too and I'm here," Lucius reassured, forcing a smile even though the wounds were deep and had definitely hit internal organs. "You'll be fine, but you have to stay awake."

"I know that!" Reno screamed. "I stay awake all the time!"

"How about you say aloud what you're going to say to Bronze when you see him?" That made Reno vigorously nod his head. At least it felt as though he was, but his mind was already falling into false serenity that he barely even moved his head. The worst of all was that his screams were barely above whispers.

"Bronsted, you know I didn't mean what I said. I've told you that the only reason I've made it this far is because you've always been there for me, and I shouldn't have said any of..."

Lucius stepped away as Reno continued to speak to the clouds. This situation was growing worse and worse by the second; Draco had already killed to on their side and injured two. Plus, if they didn't leave this place anytime soon, both Reno and Jake would die.

Dante was trying his hardest not to look at the lips of Reno that were now tainted with blood, the pool of blood swarming underneath him, and the stain that was left on Lucius's hands. As for Nate, he was doing everything in his power not to be frightened, but he had never been in a fight to the death before—this really was a battle of strength that could go either way, and it wasn't looking good for them. Now it all made sense why everyone was afraid of Draco; he was practically inhumane.

"New plan," Lucius spoke as he approached Nate and Dante, glancing towards Draco who had his arms folded, grinning as if he had already won. "You two grab Jake, Reno and Jules and get out of here. I can deal with him on my own."

Nate wanted to leave this place, but there was no way he could leave Lucius behind. He swallowed hard, hesitantly glancing towards Dante who shrugged his shoulders. Then, after a harsh sigh, he argued, "I'm not leaving you here."