Chapter 155 - "They're not my real brothers."

"I-I...I won't tell a soul, I promise."

Cesar's eyes maintained their boredom when he realized it was the useless futile son of Draco. If it had been Lucius or Dante, then he would have hesitated since although they're Draco's son, their strength are useful and he could most likely make a deal with them. However, this one hadn't been spoken of much, and that was why he examined his painted violet nails, noticing a few were chipped before he nonchalantly said, "Aim for the skull, Dragon."

Bronsted was surprised he hadn't fainted yet; his heartbeat was rushing that he thought he was going to have a heart attack any second. Never had he imagined that he would be standing in a room, in between two leaders of troops that did not have any regard for human lives. The worst was not only did Cesar not care about him whatsoever, but Draco had threatened to kill him multiple times before.

Reno had been right; this was the worst idea that ever crossed his mind. However, the details he had learned today was what they had all been waiting to have confirmed. Plus, his father was practically a traitor, letting Wolf know exactly when they were to arrive to complete their mission; the only thought that crossed Bronsted's mind was that he had to find a way to escape and inform his brothers, or else they could all be killed on that mission. Maybe Draco trusted Wolf, but Bronsted didn't trust Wolf one bit. If anything, Wolf would probably plan a counter, maybe even prior to the days they were expected to ambush them.

Thankfully, he had equipped himself with a knife under his coat pocket. The cold sweat glided along the side of his face as he repeatedly glanced between the two of them; Wolf had basically ignored him, not even meeting his gaze, while his father seemed to be gleaming from having an excuse to kill him. It was evident from the longest grin he had ever seen across his face.

Bronsted examined the room, trying to find any easy escape that he could flee. However, other than the hole in the ceiling he had recently created and the only door that both Cesar and Draco had used, there was nothing else. It also didn't help that Draco was standing between him and the exit pathway. He inhaled a sharp breath, trying to calm the pounding heartbeat that echoed in his ears.

The only way he could leave this place was through a brawl, and they were notorious for not stepping into a one versus one fight. He couldn't take on Draco in a fight, but none of them had ever seen Cesar's fighting techniques. However, from his posture and physique—lankier structure with shoulders slouched as he nibbled on his nails—he didn't seem to be much of a fighter. Besides, from the way they were getting it on, Bronsted assumed Cesar must be quite exhausted.

That was why he decided to try and have a combat with Cesar first, and deal with the pistol in Draco's hand later. Knowing Draco, he wouldn't shoot until the fight was over.

Without any further hesitation, Bronsted lunged towards Cesar, reaching for the knife in the inner pocket of his jacket and raising it above his head. The moment he took his first step, Cesar instantly understood what was happening and burst into chuckles before Bronsted had even taken his second step. It was as if Cesar knew something that he didn't, but he couldn't pay attention to it at the moment.

Bronsted had gotten a lot stronger than before, the training having done its effect. Hence, his speed had dramatically increased, such that when he closed his distance on Cesar, his range was close enough that he was certain Cesar no longer had a chance to escape his line of attack. However, Cesar took one glance towards the approaching Bronsted and yawned, studying his nails again. "I should probably get them redone."

As Bronsted swung his knife, he was shocked when it was stopped by the pistol. One moment, there was nothing between himself and Cesar, and the next, his father had halted his attack, before shoving him backwards, causing Bronsted to be projected towards the end of the room and his back slammed into the wall terribly hard that he felt a gush of air exhaled.