Chapter 168 - "I miss you so much, mom."

"Basically, this world is called the—"

"I know where we are," one voice said.

"He knows where we are," the second one said much harsher.

Eric folded his arms, sending a glare to the both of them. He hadn't expected either of them to be friendly, but since they were stuck here for a little while, might as well have a conversation.

He exhaled a sharp sigh. "I was just making sure that you—"

"You weren't making sure of anything," Nate scoffed.

"Yeah," Aunt Judy agreed, "so how about you keep your trap shut?"

"She already told me a long time ago where we are," Nate snarled, not letting him get a word in as he folded his arms too.

Judy vigorously nodded her head, pointing cheerfully at her son. "Yup, I already told him." Then, her eyebrows furrowed nervously, before leaning towards Nate and whispering, "Did I actually? I don't remember..."

Nate kept his narrowed gaze towards Eric, even though it started to lose its confidence a bit. He glanced towards Judy who was trying to remember if she had ever mentioned it, but the uncertainty across both their faces was making Eric's smirk stretch even wider. That was why Nate raised his palm and shouted, "I call time out."

Eric's face fell. "The fuck do you mean time o—"

They both turned away from Eric, squeezing themselves into a brief huddle. That was when he shrieked through a whisper, "I have no idea where we are!" After a short pause, both of them feeling as though they needed to get their act together and fast, Nate tightened his grip on her shoulder and decided, "Let's just say you told me so we look more put together."

"Sounds like a plan—"

"I can hear you both," Eric growled, slamming his palm against his forehead. "God, you two are so annoying when you're together."

They both spun around, their faces in deeper glares as Judy pointed a finger in Eric's direction. "Well," she started, but it had been a while since she had had the chance to snap back at someone. She glanced towards Nate for a bit of help, but he merely sent her a confident look, nodding his head for her to continue her retort. "Well..." she repeated again, nothing crossing her mind. It took a little bit of time before she came up with something, and it wasn't the best, "you're so much more annoying...when you're..." she paused, "by yourself."

Nate grinned, nodding his head excitedly as he nudged her shoulder encouragingly. "Good one, auntie."

She tilted her head from side to side as if it was nothing to brag about, even though that praise alone made her feel giddy. "I'm a little rusty, it's been a while." Then, her face stretched into a gleaming smile as she realized something. When she turned, a confused raised eyebrows reflected back at her, she reached for Nate's hands. "Nathan, you have your arms and your eyes here." That was when Nate suddenly realized it himself; both his arms were there. Then, the fact that he could choose which eye to blink was mind blowing, to the point that he almost lost his balance. "It was heartbreaking seeing what they did to you."

"What he did to me." Eric rolled his eyes when, after Nate hissed that, both Judy and Nate turned to him with menacing dark glares. Then, after a nasty scoff, Nate lifted his chin and swiftly turned his head away from Eric. "Why don't we go for a walk, auntie?"

"You can call me mom." This took Nate by surprise for a moment; he had completely forgotten of his discovery that she was his mother. She had never admitted it to him, and neither had they had the chance to talk about it. He should have known though; they had always gotten along so well and they looked identical. "Here, hold my hand."