17. 𝘚𝘖 𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘒𝘌𝘚 𝘞𝘌𝘙𝘌 𝘔𝘈𝘋𝘌...

THE VILLAINS

"This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 84C to San Francisco. We are now inviting passengers to begin boarding..."

Venom and Chain walked through the airport, they had acquired the information that Maneater demanded and they were finally able to get back home. Both of them had masks on, the black version of those surgical ones, along with long black coats. They weren't recognisable, the both of them had covered their tattoos with makeup and covered their face enough to prevent any recognition.

"First class my ass.." Chain grumbled, standing outside the airport and waiting for the car Phantom sent for them. "I'm not sure that the seat was the problem. I thought it was fine." "You thought the alcohol they offered was fine. And what do you mean by the first thing you said?" The red head retorted. Venom shrugged. "I meant that I'm pretty sure you just don't like heights."

He scoffed. "I'm not afraid of heights, you've seen me swing on my chains in fights." He protested, nudging her arm. "Yeah, a maximum of five meters off the ground. You almost puked when you held onto me while I climbed a skyscraper with what you call my extra legs." She recalled. "Well- That's because you webbed my mouth shut." "To stop you from whimpering so that I could focus on not dropping you.."

He was about to argue back but a black car pulled up in front of them. The doors opened by themselves and the two entered. The driver, also wearing a mask, turned backwards to look at them. "Do you have what the boss wants?" He asked. Venom held up a briefcase, he nodded, driving off. Chain felt his phone vibrate.

6 Missed calls from 'Mother'.

1 New message from 'Father'.

He gritted his teeth, ripping the mask off his face. The car had tinted windows so no one would be able to see his face. He glanced to see if Venom was looking his way, but she was busy engrossed in the book she bought in the airport. He took a deep breath and opened the message.

Talk to us son.

The grip Chain had on his phone was so harsh that it's a miracle the screen was still intact. He shoved the device in his pocket and didn't speak for the rest of the ride. The driver dropped them off a couple of neighbourhoods from the base, they never drove directly to it to avoid being tailed. "Hey look, I have to go do something. You can get to the base alone right?" He said. She scoffed. "Of course I can. Put your mask on and be careful. Our faces are everywhere after New York."

"Right."

He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away. Venom was curious about the sudden shift in his mood, she noticed that it started after he looked at his phone. 'Well even villains know how to give someone some privacy. We're not complete monsters.' She thought to herself, walking the opposite way.

It was dark, and late. Winter was nearing so it was cold too. Her heels clicked on the cold pavement as she walked through the cold streets, staring ahead with her suitcase in hand. Suddenly, she paused, feeling unsettling shivers go down her spine. She followed her senses, moving through the dull alleys. Venom paused at a sound she was all too familiar with, heroes.

She hid behind a giant wall of abandoned trash, listening in and watching what was unfolding. It was a girl, she had some type of insect quirk, perhaps an ant of some type. There was a hero cornering her, Venom had seen him before. Not a major hero, just your average neighbourhood rat. "What the hell are you doing out here so late? Show me what you have in those pockets kid!" He shouted. The girl looked terrified, she was shaking down to the antenna.

"I wasn't doing anything sir I swear! I was just going home!" She pleaded, holding her hands up. Her antennas twitched, and he activated his quirk. He was a fire type. Flames danced in his palm, his hand ready to sear the young lady. "Put those things on your head down! I know what you're doing, signaling for your little lookalikes to help you!" "N-no! I swear! It just happens when I'm scared, see?"

They twitched again, but this time he pushed her against the brick wall. "Get away from me you dirty criminal mutation!"

Venom's eyes suddenly clouded over with memories, those words..

"Get away from me you dirty mutation! C'mon guys let's go! She tried to talk to me!" The blond girl screeched, running off with her friends. Venom looked at her confused, she was only trying to hand her the scarf that she forgot in class..

The white haired girl sat on the swing, looking down at the sand beneath her. "Stupid little flower girl.. I took my time to go find her in the park to give her something that she irresponsibly left in school only for her to call me names..." She grumbled to herself, kicking at the soft sand. "Why does she get loved? Just because her quirk lets her make flowers from her pretty blond hair doesn't mean she's better than me! I can make beautiful things with my quirk too!"

She could, her webs were very beautiful and she was very good at weaving them into beautiful intricate shapes. Her fangs dripped with venom, she spat it out on the ground, melting a tiny hole in the sand. "I need to stop doing that whenever I get angry.." She sighed, swinging slowly. "Hey! You right there!" A voice rang out, making Venom jump slightly. It was a cop, the blonde girl's father to be exact.

"Uh, yes sir?" She answered, standing up. "I heard you scared a bunch of girls off with your little quirk and then threatened them? What's up with that huh?" He asked, sounding pretty pissed. Venom tilted her head, confused. "What? Sir I'm 13 years old what business would I have threatening people-" "Is that my daughter's scarf?!"

He motioned to her hand, which was still gripping the flowery scarf. "Yeah I was gonna-" "You hand that over right now and leave this park! I'm banning you from this park and I better not see your mutated ass here or near my daughter ever again! If you value your parents' jobs then you'll disappear from my sight forever you understand?!"

She stared at him, her eyes brimming with tears. She wanted to shout at him, to poison him, to stick him to a wall forever, to rip him to shreds with her limbs. But that would make it worse. Her parents were already struggling enough to get jobs with their spider qualities. They were doing whatever they could for her so she couldn't ruin it for them.

The girl threw the scarf at his feet, and walked away.

She'd get revenge somehow. Someday.

Brushing her coat off and setting the case next to it, she walked towards them. The hero glanced backward, and his heart dropped at the sight. The villainess had her limbs out in their full glory, her bright red eyes shone with anger and she played with poison laced webs in her pale bony hands. His flames almost flickered out, he recognised her instantly. What he also recognised is that he was about to get killed.

"You... You stupid fucking heroes... You think you're so much better than us just because your quirk doesn't affect your stupid fucking faces... You call anything different ugly... Well I'll show you ugly..." She growled, getting closer and closer to him. The girl had crumpled into a little ball in the corner of the alley while the hero kept backing away until he hit a wall.

"Let's see if you look beautiful after I'm done with you.." She had a twisted smile on her face, her eyes glimmering as she struck him with her sharp limb. All her suppressed anger from the sudden flashback to the past came out as she lashed at him. He flailed around, trying to burn her but setting half of the alley on fire.

Venom grabbed him by his hair, forcing him to look into a broken mirror in the pile of trash. "Do you still think you're better than me?! Do you still think that your face is beautiful enough for you to call me ugly?!" She spat, pulling at his hair. He only groaned, his eyes too blurry to see his own shredded, bloody face. She threw him on the ground and struck him one last time.

"Hm." She hummed, kicking him lightly. Her job was done. She looked at the ant girl, who whispered and scrambled away, fearing that she would be the next victim of the feared villain's rampage. Venom stared at her frail figure as she ran away. She stood in the middle of the burning alleyway, the hero's discarded body right at her feet. The firefly red passion slipped from her eyes and she sighed.

"I did it again huh.."