23. 𝘚𝘖 𝘊𝘓𝘖𝘚𝘌

THE VILLAINS

"You what?" Venom's head whipped, glaring furiously at Chain. "Look I'm sorry-" "Unbelievable. You forgot an important ass document, that took us weeks to find, and you fucking forgot it in a cafeteria?" Her voice was low, yet angry. "Shiro please-" "Don't even Haruki, I'm gonna fucking poison you in your sleep. Let me guess, you got distracted by flirting with some random waitress, didn't you?"

He flashed her a smile, raising his pierced eyebrow. "C'mon spidy you know that you're the only one I like." She rolled her eyes, shoving her finger in his forehead and pushing him away from her. "Stop lying dipshit. I'm not gonna let you off easily, I never fall for your flirty act." He pouted. "Must you hurt my feelings like that? You know it's true I've been asking you out ever since Maneater caught you spying on us and decided to recruit you."

She looked away, flushed and irritated. "This is not the subject at hand. You forgot important documents and I'm too young to die at the hands of Maneater." Phantom walked into the meeting room to see what all the hushed arguing was about. She stared at the sight in front of her, Venom sitting with her hand in her hair while leaning on the table and Chain standing behind her, his hands on her shoulder and his face next to her ear.

"What the hell is happening here?" Phantom spoke. "This dumbass here forgot documents in a cafeteria because he was ogling the waitress." "Shiro I told you're the only one in my eyes-" "You do remember that I can sprout sharp limbs from my back don't you?" Chain gulped, taking his hands off her shoulder and moving away from her back. "You better fucking get the documents back." She hissed at him.

"I can do it." The two looked at Phantom, who was still standing at the door. "Are you sure?" Venom asked her. "Yeah, I haven't gone out in some time and Christmas is next week. I wanna see the decorations." Chain and Venom shared a look before shrugging. "Guess it won't hurt." He said. "Be careful, going out in the middle of the day like this is dangerous, here." Venom dug up a couple of daggers from her pocket and handed them to Phantom, who thanked her and left.

"You just... Keep that many in your pocket?"

"Maybe you should keep that in mind next time you fuck up."

THE HEROES

"Uhm.. Mr. Dynamight?" Bakugou's head jolted from the files to the secretary standing in front of him. "What?" He asked. "Phantom was spotted at a nearby cafeteria. You-" "I'll go." He stood up, casting the files aside and striding to go get his hero suit from his room. "Sir, should I get Ms. Kinetika?" The secretary asked, following Bakugou. He glanced at the kitchen table, where Y/n was sleeping on top of the planning sheets for the ball.

The ball would be held on christmas. Japan would be the host this year, and Y/n had agreed to help Midoriya with the planning. This was their first ball and they were excited and nervous. He recalled seeing Y/n bent over paperwork all night, he couldn't wake her up. Besides she needed the sleep, from the funeral, to the case, to the ball, she hasn't slept much. "No, I'll go alone. Send me the exact location."

He threw on his suit and headed towards the place where the villain was sighted. Phantom had just walked out of the cafeteria with the file in her bag when she heard Bakugou's voice. "Stop right there." He spat. She put her hands up, turning towards him with a smile on her face. "Uh ohhhh.. I've been caught... Don't worry Mr. Hero, I was just enjoying the Christmas decorations like all the other citizens.." She sighed smugly.

People noticed what was going on and started frantically running away, not wanting to get caught up in the brewing fight. "Listen, I'm not in the mood for jokes. I don't want to get violent." She pouted. "Awe. Of course, what kind of cruel hero would attack a kid like me. I mean, I just turned 18, I can't die yet.." Bakugou pursed his lips and frowned. "Just keep your hands where I can see them and we can do this calmly." He walked towards her.

She smiled at him while he put the handcuffs on her. "I never thought you would be the type to do something calmly." He couldn't register what was happening before she phased out of the cuffs and attacked him with one of the daggers Venom gave her, slashing his cheek harshly. Bakugou hissed, stepping away from the armed girl. "Oops." She smirked. "You leave me no choice." He grumbled.

Phantom barely dodged his explosions, he was quick and he attacked from multiple directions. Bakugou remembered to use the quirk cancelling device in his pocket, he cursed himself for not remembering it earlier. While she was dodging one of his attacks, he grabbed her braided black and purple locks, pulling her head back and clicking it onto her neck. She clawed at the device.

"Fuck.." She muttered. "I need to get outta here." Bakugou attacked her again and she slashed her dagger blindly at him, striking anything in reach. He jumped back. "Wow.. You're fighting a kid Dynamight, aren't you supposed to be protecting children?" Phantom was trying to distract him, maybe if she annoyed him enough she'll be able to slip away and then ask Maneater to get this thing off her neck. "Don't pull that guilt-trip-bullshit on me. It doesn't change that you're a villain."

Although it partially worked, he abandoned using his quirk in favor of hand to hand combat. He tackled her to the ground, restraining her hands with his own. "C'mon, you can't blame me for becoming one.. People like you were never here for me when I needed them, so you're the reason why I resorted to this.." She wheezed. "Wha-"

Bakugou's arms were pulled away with two heavy silver chains, and then webbed up by silky white webs. Venom grabbed Phantom off the ground and set her onto Chains motorcycle. He sped away, leaving Venom with Bakugou. He let off explosions to release himself, but it was too late. She gave him a mocking salute before swinging away with her webs.

"Fucking damn it.."

THE VILLAINS

"I-I'm so sorry guys- I didn't know he was carrying a quirk cancelling device I-" "Calm down kid it's fine." Chain mumbled. They had gotten to the base safely and he sat her down on the counter to try and take the device off. "You were fighting the number two hero alone, it's okay, you did good." Venom assured. "How did you know I was caught?" She asked.

"The news. Shiro can your venom melt this?" He asked, she shook her head. "No, I've tried doing it before. Doesn't work." Chain didn't ask why she knew this, he continued fiddling with the device. "Do you have the file?" Venom asked, the girl nodded, motioning to her bag. "Good. Haruki, let's just go ask the boss if there's anything he can do."

"Fine... But you're asking."

"Tsk, pussy."

THE HEROES

Bakugou let out a string of curses when he opened the door to his apartment. "Katsuki where were you, you disappeared without telling me anythi-" Y/n paused her rant, her eyes widening slightly. She retreated to the bathroom, coming back out with a first aid kit. She grabbed his arm and dragged him to the couch without a word. "Wh-what the hell are you doing?" He asked, trying to get out of her grip.

'She's freakishly strong when she wants to be..' He grumbled internally when she pulled him down to sit. "I owe you a favor, I'm repaying it." She said, opening the kit. Bakugou hissed as she cleaned the slash on his face. "What happened?" She asked softly. "The kid. She was spotted, I went to arrest her and she struck me. Ended up getting saved by the pierced guy and the spider chick. Couldn't catch them." He sounded angry at himself.

"It's okay. You were outnumbered. Why didn't you tell me to go with you?" Y/n asked while stitching him up. "You were asleep." He murmured, slightly embarrassed. "Since when did the great Dynamight care if I was sleeping." She chuckled. "Don't worry about it Katsuki, you'll get them next time. We'll do it together." She smiled gently at him, placing the last stitch. 'She's so close..'

The blond grabbed her hand, which was placing a bandage on his face. He pulled her closer. Her (colour) eyes stared into his red ones, their lips only a few inches away. 'He's so close..' "Y/n I..." The eye contact broke and Y/n gasped softly, noticing blood seeping from his torso. There was a little wound that he didn't notice. Silently, he cursed his luck.

Y/n gulped after she lifted his shirt to fix the wound. He was staring at her, she could feel it. His bright eyes looking at her. She was gentle while cleaning him up. "There we go. All done. Go rest now." She mumbled, avoiding his gaze. "I'm not tired." He responded. "Katsuki." She sighed, making him look down. "Fine." He responded, picking his gauntlets up and walking to his room to rest. "Thank you." She said behind him.

"Yeah.. whatever.."