32. 𝘌𝘝𝘐𝘓, 𝘞𝘌'𝘝𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘛𝘌𝘓𝘓 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘚𝘏𝘌'𝘚 𝘌𝘝𝘐𝘓, 𝘔𝘖𝘚𝘛 𝘋𝘌𝘍𝘐𝘕𝘐𝘛𝘓𝘠

THE VILLAINS

During her secret meeting with Phantom three days ago, Y/n informed her of her escape plan and the young girl agreed to help Y/n with the plan. But she had one request; Y/n would have to help the other members as well. Hesitantly, Y/n agreed. She was hesitant because.. Well she wasn't sure that the older HRS members wanted her help. They would arguably be trickier to negotiate with than their youngest member.

She recalled the horrifying reports she'd read while investigating. Reports that were never released to the public. Would Chain listen to her after his parents manipulated him into becoming a gang leader? Would he listen to what she has to say when the heroes didn't listen to what he had to say after he ran to them to seek shelter? Would he care after the heroes tried to arrest him for having ties with the Yakuza instead of giving him the help he asked for? How could she find a way to talk and convince him to help her after all of that?

And Venom..

Would she even look Y/n in the eye after an anti-mutation hate group made of Ex Pro-Heroes killed her entire family? After they destroyed her home and her family's old shoe store? Surely not. How could Y/n find a way to convince someone who saw her three siblings and parents dead in the kitchen to join her little cause?

Maneater... She knew nothing about him yet to be able to help him. So it's safe to say that she'd promised the girl an almost impossible promise to keep. She broke the rule that Mr. Carter taught her on the first day of school. 'Take this as a tip from the great Labrinth kids. Never make a promise to save someone. Especially not to their family.' But this situation was dire, and Y/n believed that if she put in enough effort and used the right words she might succeed with a few miracles here and there.

Incredibly loud knocking interrupted her daily ceiling staring and she groaned. "As if I can open the door. Stop fucking knocking." She called out. The door swung open and Chain walked in with a very apparent scowl on his face. "Just trying to make sure you're not the type that sleeps naked." He scoffed. "Didn't know you were the respectful type of man." She responded with the same tone. "I'm a villain, not a monster." Chain muttered through gritted teeth while handing Y/n her tray of food.

'This is my chance.' She thought when he turned his back towards her. Y/n grabbed the soup spoon and hurled it towards the door that he was shutting behind him. The door jammed and he stared at it with confusion before reopening it, taking the spoon and turning his gaze towards the hero to give her a horrified glance. "I want to talk to you Haruki Takahiro. Shut the door and bring the spoon with you. I can't eat soup with the salad fork."

With a little uncertainty, he walked in and closed the door behind him. He handed her the spoon and sat on the far corner of the bed. "What? I can't be that scary.." She hummed with a smile. "You just hurled a soup spoon at me and said my full name, I don't think I feel like I should get closer in case you decide to stick that fork in my throat." She looked into his scarlett eyes and raised her eyebrows. "I'm a hero, not a monster." Y/n repeated.

"Well there's not much of a difference these days..." He grumbled to himself. "I'm sure you think that. I think so sometimes too, since I was also wronged by heroes in my life. But I'm sure you know all that information already, since you killed my mentor for it." Y/n mentioned nonchalantly while sipping on her soup with the slightly bent spoon. Chain froze and pressed his lips, staring at Y/n from the corner of his eye. Guilty, that's what he looked like.

"Don't feel too bad Takahiro. You were just following orders right? We all do some things we regret under awful orders. You did think that those orders were awful right?" "Tsk. Of course they were but-" "They were for a greater cause? Yeah I get it. And your cause is to be heard at last right?" Chain was taken aback by Y/n's words. The image he had of her as the dumb suicidal hero that will do anything to make people happy without knowing that she was making things worse by helping the government began to deteriorate. She chose her statements wisely, and she read all of his facial and physical expressions to formulate her psychological tactics.