5.4 Victory Celebration

Ayanokoji POV

Ike: Cheers!" Ike shouted joyfully and toasted with a can of juice.

That evening, the former association of failures had convened once again. Liberated from our studies, we were all overjoyed that no one had been expelled. Everyone smiled... Well, except for Horikita and Nino. We'd shared our burdens, and together, we'd overcome the challenge. Perhaps that was the point of being young. I guess if you ignored the one dark spot, this wasn't terrible.

Yamauchi: "What's with the long face, Ayanokouji? Sudou wasn't expelled. Everything's fine now, right?"

Kiyo: "I don't particularly mind that you're holding a celebration party, but why are you holding it in my room?"

Nino: "Why did you idiots come to his room? " Nino told us she will celebrate with the five of us by making a cake. This part was supposed to be held for six of us. But some uninvited people came here.

Itsuki and Horikita were glaring at each other. I presume they are still in an antagonistic relationship.

Ike: "Mine's a mess. So are Sudou's and Yamauchi's. And we can't go to a girl's room, right? I mean, yeah, I would've loved going to Kushida-chan's room or Yotsuba-chan's room. But your spectacularly plain and empty room is the best option."

Yotsuba's face went pale when she heard Ike wants to go to her room. Ichika slightly glared at Ike with bloodlust. So the other quintuplets

Ichika: "Ike-kun. Do you want to die?"

Ike: "S-sorry, Nino-chan."

Nino: "I'm Nino, you disgusting pervert. Get out."

Kushida: "Nino-san, more the people, more the merrier. Forgive him." Kushida spoke. She is not aware that Nino, Miku, Yotsuba, and Itsuki don't know her true personality. I told them to at least pretend friendly with Kushida. Currently, she only targets me, Ichika, and Horikita. She wants to expel us, probably.

Nino: Sigh!! "Fine."

Yotsuba: "But his room is a good room."

Kiyo: "It's only been two months since school started. I think it'd be weird to have a lot of stuff." Aside from daily necessities, I didn't really need anything."

Ike: "What do you think, Kushida-chan?"

Kushida: "I think it's fine here. It's simple, but it feels nice and clean."

Ike: "Right? Man, it must be nice to have Kushida-chan praise you. Hahahaha!" Ike grudgingly pushed me.

Yamauchi: "All things considered, though, that midterm was dangerous. If we hadn't put the study group together, I would've been fine, but Ike and Sudou would have definitely gotten kicked out."

Ike: "Huh? You were close to getting expelled, too, you know."

Itsuki: "For the first time I agree with you, Ike-kun."

Yamauchi: "No, no, I could have gotten a perfect score if I were serious about it. Really."

Yotsuba: "Everything was thanks to Horikita-san's efforts. She tutored Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudou."

Horikita sat outside the circle, quietly reading a novel. When we said her name, she bookmarked her page and looked up.

Horikita: "I did it for my own sake. If someone had been expelled, Class D's evaluation would've worsened."

Ike: "Just say that you didn't want us to get expelled, even if it's a lie. We'd like you better."It'd be fine with me if you didn't."

Well, her attitude remained unchanged, but simply participating in this gathering was a sign of her progress. The old Horikita most definitely would not have come.