3

First Person P.O.V - (Y/N)
(Edit: Every paragraph is begun with a ¶ symbol, and any chapter without the symbol they usually begin with a -. I am updating these slowly but surely. Also; word counts!)
Word Count: 3,212

¶ I woke up the next morning, feeling better than I did yesterday. I still had a very runny nose, and supposedly a cut in my throat, but for the most part my headache was gone and I felt so much greater.
¶ I walked into Brahms' bedroom and he laid down in the bed casually, not disrupted in any kind of way. I take a deep breath and I put on a fake smile. I walk up beside him, and I gently put my hands on his small shoulders.
¶ "Good morning Brahms, it's time to wake up and get dressed." I say in the softest voice I can, sitting him up slowly and brushing his hair out from his forehead. He's moved, I can tell. "Here we are.. Stay still."
¶ Removing his simple gray pajamas and replacing them with his uptight outfit. I folded his sleeves and I then lifted him off the bed. I hold him to my hip tight, and I walk him out of the room towards the kitchen.
¶ The light soothes me, bring me comfort as I step into the dining area and sit him down. It feels safer in the daylight, like Brahms is less active. It's not like I think he'd hurt me, though.. Maybe.
¶ I set the plate of breakfast down on the table, setting one in front of him and then my own in front of myself. I look down at my meal, staring for a moment before I look back across the table at the doll. I have no appetite at this point, my parched throat burning and begging for anything else to soothe it however, caught my attention. The breaths I've been having to take through my mouth just to sustain life hadn't been helping at all.. But at least I can think, and focus.
¶ "You left me medicine yesterday." I say, picking up my eating utensils and poking at the meal sitting on my plate. "I gotta wonder how.. You, a doll without many joints whatsoever.. Managed to bring me such a complex tray with everything so organized. I'd figure that, as a ghost, it'd be difficult to do all that.. I'd figure it's a bit difficult to even tolerate my existence. Or is it that I'm leaving as soon as the cold ends? You want me out??"
¶ Silence engulfs the kitchen, and I can't help but feel dumber as the seconds pass. I sigh, looking down from the doll and at my plate. I just.. Don't know what to do.
¶ "I guess there's no point in really calling you out right now. I'm not gonna be here for long anyways. I just think you should know that I know you're not some ghost kid. I'm not stupid.. N-No ghost would bother giving me medicine."
¶ Of course, how does that explain the walls rumbling? The lights flickering and leading me down the hallways to my next destination.. Someone has a fuse box, cameras, a microphone- Anything else would make sense and I'm trying to go for the most logical thought process. With that idea, I look up and gaze around the room, looking for a camera of some kind. Then I stop and look at the doll.
¶ "You're in the eyes, aren't you? That'd be the only thing that makes sense.. Making me make your meals for you. To be fair that's better than paying rent with the money I don't have."
-¶ My God, I really am crazy now aren't I? The paranoia of being watched; the feeling of being watched. I'm just so anxious and offset, and at this point I'm beginning to doubt myself. I'm doubting all of it; really. I'm talking out loud to a doll that I think is being used as a device to watch me. I sound like one of those crazy theorists that talk about the Illuminati.
¶ "I'll play your game though. Until I leave.. I guess I can thank you for helping me, regardless of how dangerous helping me might be." I pause, staring at my food. "I'm not hungry at all.. You can just have my--"
¶ The sharp squeaking sound and a thwap catch my attention. My head swivels, turning to look at the freezer up against the wall. It came from over there, and it made me uncomfortable to hear the sounds of struggle and scratching coming from the same area before ceasing.
¶ I get up, slowly approaching before I get down on my knees beside the freezer itself. I look behind it, a small gap sitting between the wall and the freezer; and there it is. A mouse is stuck beneath a metal bar, breaking it's shoulder bones, and a small hole going into the wall shows me that this creature, and probably others, have been living in the walls.
¶ Does this explain the lights? The flickering could've been them chewing on wires. The rumbling, that couldn't explain all of it but maybe somehow there were a surplus of them. When I make noise, the rumbling is them panicking to the sudden sound. The scent, the everything.. I'm scraping the barrel, because no matter what, there was medicine at my door and clean clothes in my room. There's no explanation for that. Why bother trying to make theories when the evidence is obvious?
¶ "Poor thing." I mutter, reaching over and taking the trap in my hand. The mouse died within it, and I didn't dare touch it's being as I walk it over to the trash and undo it. "Disgusting."
¶ The body drops into the empty trash with a flop, and it squirms just a little bit more before ceasing all over again.. It's not quite dead yet, but I don't have the guts to put it out of its misery. Instead I walk back over to the freezer and place the trap back in it's place.
¶ "That's what you meant by clean the traps, huh?" I say, looking over to the doll as it sits mindlessly, looking forward. "Alright, makes sense.. Don't know why you couldn't inform me of that when I asked."
¶ I take his plate and mine and I put it in the freezer, before I pickup the doll and carry him away to begin his studies.