Ch 8 - Smithsonian

I am aware that the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is located in DC, but for the sake of fanfiction, we're going to say one is in New York.

~~~~~~~

The first thing that Steve expected to see when he walked into the art studio was either his empty desk or y/n sitting there waiting for him.

What he didn't expect to be met with was a fully undressed man in the center of the room, bare for the world to see.

His first instinct was to tell the man that he was indecent and that he needed to cover up. Then he remembered the small detail at the beginning of the classes that they would have nude models come in so they could practice the anatomy of a real person.

He shook his head, recovering from the shocking sight. Turns out that y/n was there, and she just saw his reaction to the naked man in the room.

She was holding back a laugh, "Your face was priceless."

"Don't tell me you weren't shocked to see that."

"I could've done with a warning, but I pretty much know about when the models show up in the term so I half expected it. You, on the other hand, were totally unaware."

Steve shook his head at the girl, a small smile playing on his lips. He sat down next to her and waited for class to start.

The class gathered around the model, who was posing on a pedestal. They each had an easel with a big sheet of paper to draw on. Steve made sure to find a seat next to y/n so they could talk.

To his surprise, she was the one to ask him if he wasn't busy over the weekend; which he wasn't. So she offered to take him to the Smithsonian that she thought he'd be interested in. Seeing as she said it had a large WWII section and an exhibit dedicated to him, he thought he'd better go and see it.

How large was the Smithsonian now anyway?

He grew up in the Great Depression, and his family wasn't well off. But Bucky always was, and he was the one who dragged him to the Smithsonian for a trip one time.

September 20th, 1932. Coincidentally, it was the same day that the famous "Lunch Atop a Skyscraper" was photographed in Manhattan, unbeknownst to him and his best friend. Bucky was busy staring at all the historical stuff in the Smithsonian, which Steve wouldn't have bothered himself with in the first place, but Bucky loved every second. And it was one of the only times that Steve could spend time with him without his various girlfriends. Those were times he cherished and remembered the most.

So that was his motivation to go there. Bucky would have loved it, and all the technological advancements of the 21st century. That, and he got the privilege of spending more time with y/n.

So when the class was instructed to pack up, Steve and y/n stayed behind to plan their day out. She had work on Saturday, but Sunday they were both free, so they planned to meet there at 11:00am on Sunday. They said their goodbyes and parted ways until then.

~~~~~~~

When she walked towards him in a dress, her hair done nicely, makeup that made her features pop, he almost leaped and yelled out in excitement. He controlled himself though, and simply smiled politely as she approached, his lips parting to show his teeth.

"Hey, Steve."

"Hello, Ma'am. You look very beautiful."

"Thank you, you look pretty handsome yourself. You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

The first thing he saw when they walked inside was a few huge banners of his own face, advertising the Captain America exhibit.