Chapter 15

Hunter read her symbol loud and clear. Three shots rang in the air. One from his gun, Damon's, and to his horror; Marie's. He watched as both Marie and Grace dropped like rocks. People ran into the room. He dropped his gun and ran to the entrance to the house. There was only one thing on his mind.

Grace.

When he arrived in the room, it was filled with people. Olivia was bent over them, doing her thing. Cole was helping Grace up. He breathed a sigh of relief. She was okay. He didn't see any blood on her. Rushing towards her, she pushed out of Cole's arms and ran to him. He met her and held her in an embrace so tight that she had to push back to get a breath. "Hunter." She breathed.

"Marie is dead." Olivia stated.

The room went oddly quiet.

"What? It's true?" She shrugged and went back to work.

"Alright everyone, let the CSI work." Dominic called over them all. He ushered them out of the house. Jack, however, stayed. And no one argued but Olivia.

Grace saw Nicole tending to the three kids by the ambulance. When Daniel saw her, he bolted to her. "You saved me! Tank you!"

Lucy gave her a shy smile, "Thank you miss."

Tracy gave her a toothy grin.

Daniel looked up at her, "Where's Mommy?"

Grace looked up and met Hunter's eyes. He nodded. "Your Mommy is hopefully in a better place now. I can't guarantee it, but I hope she is."

Recognition hit Lucy so hard, but she stayed strong for her siblings. "Tracy, Daniel, Gramma and Papa are on their way to pick us up early."

Nicole smiled at Lucy, "Then why don't we finish patching you up so you can meet them soon?" Lucy smiled and nodded.

Hunter pulled Grace aside, "I was worried about you."

"Marie said she was going to kill you if I didn't come with her."

He raised a brow, "So you went with her?"

She took his hand, "I didn't want you to die."

"Grace."

She met his gaze, "Hunter."

"I love you."

"I love you too."