Ch 01 Truth or Disaster

Truth or Dare Copyright © royalpeasant 2013-2024 All Rights Reserved

Hi, I wrote this story when I was 12/13 years old and noticed that people still come to read this story despite the amount of errors it had. So, due to that, I decided to revisit and revise this story. This was the first round of revision and I am not sure if there will be a second one. Most of the descriptions are the same, I just fixed grammar and spelling. I only rewrote the first chapter because it was a little too cringey to me. I still wanted it to be still as close to how I wrote it the first time for nostalgia and I don't plan on publishing this as a real book. Anyways, enjoy the revised version of Truth or Dare.

P.S I am aware of the PLL similarities. At the time, I did not watch PLL,  just a heads up. 

- Whitney (royalpeasant)

Original upload: Jan 28, 2013

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 01"Truth or Disaster"

As strange as it sounded, I envisioned my death countless times. Death's cold embrace wasn't something I was very fond of at first but the more I dreamed about it, the more I found an unsettling amount of comfort towards it. But this story wasn't about how I died. However, this didn't fall too far from the tree. Lies, deception, everything that makes the line between truths and illusions blurred.

Even the smallest lie can ruin the biggest trust one can give to a loved one. Lies are detrimental, lies ruin trust like someone crumpling a piece of paper. No matter how many times you try to fix it, it will never be quite the same ever again. That was what this story was about. A story that started with a lie.

The shimmering light hit my face, leaving a golden hue over it. I could hear the sounds of my family footsteps upstairs and the blaring sirens of fire trucks. Before, these sounds would wake me up but I've become so used to it that I was even phased by it. It was as normal as the sounds of crickets at night.

Every morning, I woke up before everyone. Every five in the morning, I was already up with my laptop open, smashing my fingers, creating what I'd like to refer to as the next big story. But lately, I've been having what people call a writer's block. I felt like I've written everything I could have, currently stuck on chapter twenty of my novel. This was the moment where the story really picks up but I was running on a blank.

As the day began to show more of itself, I felt the sun's light shimmering on my face. I thought of all the possibilities of what could be happening at this very second. Mom was probably still in bed. As for the others, probably just getting up or already getting ready. But for my mom's sake, I tried to be absolutely quiet.

But I really didn't know why I was giving such thoughtfulness. I shouldn't, because whenever I was asleep, everybody was waking me up in the past. "Let's all make a lot of noise to wake up Kat" they screamed with their actions. Sooner or later, you will notice how messed up your family is. Nobody is perfect, right? And the past should stay in the past, so no need to belabor over it.

I knew I couldn't stay seated at my desk forever, so I decided to get up and get dressed. As I got dressed for school, my cell phone began to ring. I answered it wondering who it was. I soon realized who it was and why they called and quickly hung up. When I rushed to leave the house, my dad asked if I was going to eat before I left. But everybody knows, I didn't have breakfast. Even though it's the "most important" meal of the day, I'd rather leave before my dad started having those "talks" again. You know, the ones that reminded me of my age and to be careful. I understood why the talk was needed to have. But after a hundred times of the same lecture, it did get exhausting.